Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Respect for the Dead
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Respect for the Dead
Fallendoll
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Respect for the Dead 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 6
I'm having some difficulty finding any information on specific rituals or behaviors in the Shinto religion regarding respecting those that have passed on. Plenty of articles touch on the subject of ancestor-worshipping, but how it is done on any given day is not given. I'm looking for a act like how some go to the grave of a person and bring them flowers, or items that were personal to the deceased.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/11/22 02:20 By fallendoll.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Respect for the Dead 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: -666
The first thing that comes to my mind is burning incense. It would be appropriate, but if you're going for indisputable rituals, then you should check and see if it truly is done at grave sites.

Personally, I've seen it done before in animes and such, so that's definitely my best bet.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
ShadowTamer
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Respect for the Dead 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1
All I know for sure is that it's...common for them to go to the person's grave on the day they died. They clean the grave, light incense, and pray to soul of the deceased person basically telling them what's been happening lately and stuff like that. Sorry, that's all I know for sure, but I will see if I can find a site where they tell more.

Logged Logged

Never argue with an idiot: they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.