Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Crossfire vs. Fifty Shades of Grey
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Crossfire vs. Fifty Shades of Grey
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Crossfire vs. Fifty Shades of Grey 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 60
Am I the only one who has these issue with the Fifty Shades of Grey series by E. L. James?
*plot inconsistencies
*writing
*characterization
*believability

BOOK REVIEWS for the first book in the Crossfire series by Sylvia Day, Bared to You.

The Book Publishers: ‘A well-written and sexually charged romance with characters who have real depth…I would highly recommend Bared to You, because it’s what Fifty Shades of Grey could have been.’

Romance Novel News: ‘While it is true Bared to You has much in common with Fifty Shades of Grey, Bared to You is a more complete story, one that is better written. The characters are better developed and the story is far sexier. This is an erotic romance that should not be missed. It will make the readers fall in love.’

I’ll not bore you with more reviews as you get the point. If you have not read the Crossfire series, I highly recommend it because—in my opinion—the characters are more believable and more in depth while the plot is extremely well written and doesn’t get lost while the story progresses.

Eva is a much stronger character than Ana because while Ana has little life experience (you could even say naïve—not that that is a bad thing) whereas Eva has been brutalized in the past and has self-esteem issues—like any young adult woman—yet still tries to move on and become a stronger person instead of wallowing in self-pity.

In fact, Eva has more issues than Christian in Fifty Shades of Grey! Both main characters in the Crossfire series, Eva and Gideon, have baggage and a past where they have been sexually abused yet they both work together to get through their issues while Ana just enables Christian in Fifty Shades of Grey and allows him to ‘punish’ her instead of resolving said issues he has. Plus, Ana has no experience to help Christian, whereas Eva knows exactly what Gideon is going through.

There are as much love scenes in the Crossfire series as Fifty Shades of Grey. I do enjoy some of the love scenes in Fifty Shades of Grey, but even in the Crossfire series readers can see a huge difference because it is better written.

Don’t believe me? Skeptical? I encourage you to read and find out for yourselves.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/06/13 22:31 By belovedstranger.

~BelovedStranger~
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.