Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Writing!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Writing!
Sonya
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Writing! 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
Okay, I feel that I have many ideas and many thoughts. I love to write. I write about any and everything. I don't kno if it is any good. If it's just me writing you know, writing? I am not tooting my own horn or being like my life is amazing. I write or think of things based off of my life. I was thinking of starting a blog but I am not teally sure how or what to expect? I was wondering on what kind of advice i cud get?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Writing! 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 57
Interesting, although I'm not entirely certain what you're asking for, is it advice on writing, or advice on starting up a blog?

Personally either way writing is just a way to express yourself, if you want to do it than write, enough said. If you want to start a blog, than do that too. I mean alot of authors do use a blog to post up thier fanfiction on or links to their fanfiction sites where they have posted their stories. I've seen this done alot in blogs. Also the blog might be just used for their fanfiction, like another point of expression, the only thing you have to watch out for on blogger sites is mainly if you want pop-ups on your browser pliggung up your bandwidth as you or others access it, and privacy settings.

Like do you want anyone to read your fiction, or would there be age-restrictions, like for some content, Live-journal does that, additionally you need to be reading the Terms of Service about what you can post on blog sites. Some might not actually allow you to post anything over a certain age-group as in M or MA content, with or without warnings, so you need to actually read the TOS before posting or risk having your account and journal deleted.

Secondly, it depends on really what you're wanting to use the blog for, my advice is don't post anything personal about yourself on there, including photographs, personal information, anything that remotely identifies anything about you or anyone you know.

Why?

People datamine social media networks like Facebook and blog-sites for various odds and ends whether that be images or other details. It's a scary thing, so be very careful. Other than that, blogs can be fun but keep a mind on who will read it, like do you want the entire universe to know what you're posting or just a select group of friends? Play around with your privacy settings, and decide if you want random people you don't know friending you or people you do know friending you like they do on Facebook.

~ Pyre
P.S: Remember that blogs aren't neccessarily moderated, yes you might have a place to report misconduct like rude comments, but it could take time to resolve issue you'd face there.

Logged Logged
Starfyre
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Writing! 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
Just so that you know, every writer from the dawn of time draws on their own life to write. It's completely normal. Stray thoughts spark an idea and before you know it, you're pulling inspiration from all kinds of things, even stuff you don't realize that you remember. So don't think that it makes you sound like you're tooting your own horn, us other writers totally understand.
We wouldn't be writers without our life experiences to draw from.
As far as blogging goes, I know very little about it. I have never really followed a blog before. I had always thought that it was more for the person writing than anything. But again, I'm clueless on the topic.
On another note, feel free to toot your own horn. Everyone needs to at some point. It feels good to recognize your own achievements, even if they aren't monumental. Besides, sometimes others are too busy to notice the awesomeness around them until it's pointed out. Good luck with your blog if you do decide to do it.
~Starfyre

Logged Logged

Ah~Un is Awesome! I loves them! *nods head*
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.