Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Computer help...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Computer help...
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Computer help... 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 216
loathed as i am to admit it, i'm not the best person to deal with things on a computer, i know how to use them but when they start to muck up i'm a bit lost. I've recently as in like the last hour realized that my computer's actual hard drive only has about 20 MB's of free space left on it. Whie i have externals i can attempt to purge and send some stuff to i'm unsure what to get rid of that could be taking up pointless space. Nor do i have the money to deal with this from a professional, and sadly none of my IRL friends are helpful in this either. Anyone out there know what i can do to free up a Gig or two? i really had no idea it was so very low until JUST NOW. its kinda upsetting b/c i really dont use a lot of extra's on here so i know i can get rid of stuff but i dont know what. If you know what your talking about , lil help please? If i dont get this fixed i cant open up my MSW which means i can't write @_@

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lady ky
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Computer help... 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
you can try removing some programs you don't use the bigger the program the more free space. you can also go through my computer and check to see how much space your document are taking, if it's your doc that is using space try either moving some to one of you externals or uploading them to a file website.

To see what programs you don't use enough go to start> control panel> add remove programs, when you click on a program it will tell you if its used frequently or rarely. If removing programs don't work try running a virus scan some Trojans will take up hard drive space.

good luck, if you need more help just ask.

Logged Logged

I have an alter ego and it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s a pain in my butt....
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Computer help... 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 216
:| i've got these "Java(TM)6 version#" things, 2,3,5 & 7 each one takes like 130ish MBs can i get rid of 2,3, and 5 and 7 works fine?

i really hate stuff like this. >_<

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Lady ky
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Computer help... 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
yes 6 version is the most current one, the rest just take up space.

Logged Logged

I have an alter ego and it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s a pain in my butt....
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Computer help... 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 31
If you have a CCleaner, it can get rid of all your old temp files of when it was copying and pasting things and the like. Does wonder to a compy.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.