Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Top DBZ Characters
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Top DBZ Characters
Sessakag
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Top DBZ Characters 7 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 4
I've been watching a bit of DBZ and was interested in hearing who you guys favor and in what order. I'm a hardcore Vegeta fan so don't be surprised to see him on a number of lists. I'm biased like that

GOAT:

1. Vegeta
2. Bulma
3. Piccolo
4. Future Trunks
5. Gohan

Best Character Design:
1. Bulma
2. Vegeta
3. Chichi
4. Trunks
5. Cell

Most Entertaining:
1. Vegeta
2. Bulma
3. Oolong
4. Master Roshi
5. Goku

Best Couple:
1. Vegeta/Bulma
2. Videl/Gohan
3. Goku/Chichi
4. Kid Goku/Kid Chichi
5. Bulma/Yamcha

Logged Logged

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.
Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom,"

~Malcolm X

"Cuz I Slay"

~Queen Bee
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Top DBZ Characters 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 56
I just love Goku all around. He's a bit clueless at times, but he's my favorite.

Logged Logged

BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Top DBZ Characters 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 60
Vegeta is my all time favorite Dragonball Z character. His character portrayal and journey was the strongest of all characters, and most "human" like, meaning incredibly relatable. He has flaws, and don't we all? He started out as a villain, a man who caused destruction and mass killings with a manic joy that was desterbing. And yet, he was created to be a killer. Conditioned as a child by Frieza, Vegeta became twisted and demented to survive. And then came the ever so slow progression from murder to obsessed with vengeance over Goku for defeating him time and time again, we see him become good. However, unlike other villains turned good guy in the tv series, like Piccolo, Vegeta kept that rough edge, bad boy part of him. Like the darkness his soul had been corrupted with while under the influence of Frieza could never be fully eradicated. He was still selfish and self-centered, helping when it served his own purpose, and rarely showed the ones he loved that he did in fact care deeply about them.

I love this character because he is so relatable, not a perfect hero, but a flawed one. His character had great depth and he was the only one in the series to have such a major character development.

Oh yes, sure. I am honestly glad Goku is stronger than Vegeta, because having a rival and fighting the inner struggle of never being able to reach your ultimate goal is a human strait we all face daily, fighting for what we desire. And more importantly, to never give up in the pursuit of it.

So I am team Vegeta all the way!

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Sessakag
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Top DBZ Characters 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4
Took the words right out of my mouth! Vegeta was/is my everything in DBZ! I love, love, love his character. He doesn't always fit in with the good guys and doesn't always fit in with the bad guys, he's a category of his own and likes it that way He is my all time favorite and I honestly like to see him destroy Goku of his own accord one day because he deserves it. Goku being the strongest doesn't really make sense anyway, he doesn't train and strive nearly as hard as Vegeta. Besides, Goku is so dang one dimensional and stupid I'd count myself lucky to see Vegeta take his place.

TEAM VEGETA All THE WAY!

Logged Logged

Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom,"

~Malcolm X

"Cuz I Slay"

~Queen Bee
TamashaToko
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Top DBZ Characters 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7
Honestly there should be more think pieces and break down of Dragonball Z, because it takes a real special piece of fiction to make everyone love Vegeta... a legit horrible person.

I mean sure Jamie Lannister pushes kids out of windows, but he never allowed Cell the chance to achieve perfection just cause his own ego desired it so

Vegeta does so many horrible things and makes so many bad decisions but I love watching it every step of the way

Also anyone a fan of DBZ abridged? Love Vegeta in that canon as well

Logged Logged
Sessakag
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Top DBZ Characters 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4
Of course! Lol, Team Four Star did an amazing job with the voice overs and keep the characters mostly in character. I laugh so hard at those videos. I heard they are going to be doing abridged for Super as well. Vegeta is the best even in the TFS world and the Krillin owned count was awesome. I can't stand Krillin but the counter for how many times he gets owned is a great touch and makes him more tolerable for me

One of my favorite scenes is when Vegeta asks if someone is thwarting his plans LMAO!

So what are you doing?
What am I doing?
What are you doing?
Nothing much
Thwartin my plan?
Thwarting your plan?
Are you?!
....Yes
I'm gonna kill you!

Hilarious!

Logged Logged

~Malcolm X

"Cuz I Slay"

~Queen Bee
Siera Serenity Star
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Top DBZ Characters 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 64
Vegeta!Vegeta! Vegeta! lol I loved the part from Cooler's Revenge. Where Vegta and Goku are fighting Cooler's clones and Goku is like "Well Vegeta, it's been nice knowing you." Vegeta "O Shut Up". Lol no matter what Goku says it's always riles Vegeta up haha!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.