Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
what would happen if youkai still ruled?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: what would happen if youkai still ruled?
FurvusCorvus
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
what would happen if youkai still ruled? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
I think if youkai ruled then we would have gone a different route tech wise. One no gas cars, it would be like electric or magic. Two less wars in my opinion it would be handle through council. what would you think?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:what would happen if youkai still ruled? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 23
To be honest if youkai ruled I think the human race would be extinct(now)-or at the very least would be slaves or something of that sort.

I don't think we would have any of the technology we had today, or at least, it wouldn't be as accessible as it is. That it would be limited to only certain people. C:

Logged Logged
Tsuki
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:what would happen if youkai still ruled? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 7
I would like to think that maybe Youkai and Human would just accept each other and live together peacefully!

Logged Logged
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:what would happen if youkai still ruled? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 52
Human Technology would probably be much more advanced than it is today, and some country borders would be different for various reasons. The planet would probably be made up of about only ten different countries, with the United States controlling the Americas, China most of Asia, and so forth, having to do with combining Youkai territorial instincts with human greed and cunning. Hanyous would probably be the most common species by this time actually.

Logged Logged

Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:what would happen if youkai still ruled? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 31
I don't know if it's my weary sickness or the books I'm reading, but I think it would be about the same. I kinda imagine it more being like the True Blood series. They would keep themselves hidden, until one day... *pop* "Here we arrre!" I don't know, but it seems like they would try to keep themselves as dis associated with us, until they had no choice but to be. I mean, if you think about it, in Inuyasha the demons tended to keep to themselves really. While there were always demons showing up, most had either wanted the jewel shards or someone in the group. Most of them were also around near places with lots of warring and death in the series; and those were lesser demons. o.O

Hmmm. It's an interesting question, indeed.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Riku Ryuu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:what would happen if youkai still ruled? 13 Years ago Karma: 19
I feel that the Youkai and Humans would live together in a sort of peace, but that any trouble could set them to war. Technology would be advanced because of the Youkai that could study one thing for thousands of years instead of having to retire. The environment would be better cared for (or else) and there would be places in the world that would be kept free of cities and preserved for Youkai to visit or live in so that they could sate the need to be close to nature.

Logged Logged

Cause I need all the help I can get
otfreakingp
Pup
graphgraph
Re:what would happen if youkai still ruled? 13 Years ago Karma: 1
Though I would like for it to be the peace option, I don't think that would really be plausible.

Humans, as a general rule, are afraid of differences. As it is, there are no other high-functioning/intelligent beings on earth besides humans (that we know of..xD), and we still have this problem. There is discrimination between different "races", and even against their own "races" due to beliefs, sexual orientation, or even their fashion sense.

Tensions would be much higher between the human race and another race of intelligent beings such as youkai. ESPECIALLY in the modern times - humans are weak in comparison, but the weapons we have today (and our numbers) would easily put us on common ground. Powerful or not, youkai are still mortal creatures - a bullet to the right place will kill. The two races would undoubtedly struggle for the dominant role.

I think the only reason youkai would lower their head and go into hiding is if their numbers were so low they /had/ to in order to keep youkai from being extinguished. And the only reason they would be able to still rule is if they had any interest in human dealings (controlling what they produced - keep their weapons from growing too powerful, etc), and were able to control the human population somehow.

Logged Logged
Number Q
Pup
graphgraph
Re:what would happen if youkai still ruled? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1
I must say that we would certainly not be the dominant species as youkai seem to like to be dominant. And remember, it was the HUMAN daimyos that served under the YOUKAI lords, giving them an advantage already.

Logged Logged
Lady Midnight
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:what would happen if youkai still ruled? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 9
I like to think that humans and youkai would live in peace. I think there would have been far less wars due to the fact that youkai would not allow humans' greed and need for power rule supreme. I think more humans and youkai would mate and hanyous would be very common, which means they wouldn't have to suffer like Inuyasha.

Logged Logged
SSI-Invasion
Pup
graphgraph
Re:what would happen if youkai still ruled? 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 7
Oho... there could be so many answers and so many more swim in my head. Though I think it's partially form the chocolate I just ate minutes ago, I will amuse myself in answering this particular question:

I think youkai, though maybe larger in numbers than humans, though we are more prolific then they are -if I were to quote the legends- would just live along side us. Though, thanks to the bad habit of the human race to which it destroys anything and everything that it doesn't understand, they will either stay among us, in the shadows or hiding thanks to the magic that created them or they would just overpower us, keeping us in fear.

I for one would love to see demons walking our days and our earth. I have this really crazy idea of being with a tiger demon no mater how hard it is XD Lol.. I know, I know... crazy artist that hasn't been fed enough.

No matter, I think they are a seriously advanced race, so there should be no problem in us living together - I base all my stories on this, so of course, in my mind, anything is possible.

Logged Logged

Re:what would happen if youkai still ruled? 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
I think it would be disastrous on both sides if we were to exist side by side. for one thing the youkai are an arrogant sort, if sesshoumaru is to be used as an example, he deosnt trust humans and vice versa. next, with their superior strength humans could become slaves or worse, food. so unless a youkai like inutaisho would rule then humans would be doomed into extinction or slavery.

now if humans could arm themselves with modern weaponry then it would be an all out bloodbath. i shudder to think of the outcome.

yeah, one of you guys said that even us humans cant stand each other due to our petty differences how much more if of another species altogether? we should try to work things out within our own species before even considering having youkai around.

remember the law of the jungle, survival of the fittest. this doesnt sound good even for me but i definetely think they, the youkai, would rule.

Logged Logged
Katsura Tsuzuki
Pup
graphgraph
Re:what would happen if youkai still ruled? 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I think that either humans would be slaves to youkai or they'd be wiped out.

Logged Logged
Duchess Of Darkness
Pup
graphgraph
Re:what would happen if youkai still ruled? 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7
It wouldnt be all that exciting in my opinion. In fact downright horrific. Though very few humans may be on the lucky end of the stick (Depedning on the situations and whose attention you capture)by wooing or enthralling certain demons with their charm or beauty, not everyone will posses equally etheral beauty. In fact I think they will be even harsher critics that the media and fashionista's of today's society. Only, instead of simply calling the fashion police you'd be either slaughtered and eaten or enslaved into the worst situation imaginable. Practically becoming simple fodder for entertainment or a delicacy in general to the demon race. Heaven forbid their isnt a true demon lord to govern them all.

*shivers* Anybody heard of or seen the anime Blue Gender..."It will be alot like that.Only some demons we could only hope have a form of intelligence to communicate with. I mean the way they portray most of the demon population to hate humans in most of these anime's, to have such a powerful race as enemies you may as well find the first demon and and bare your neck and say "let's get this over with..."

*shrugs* Or I could be over analyzing a mere "what it" scenario. For all I know the Mikos and Monks (Who have to exist if demons exists) could have a big revolutionary showdown with the demons and come to a truce of sorts and learn to get along like most (if not all) black and whites did. Though that battle involves one hell of alot of blood shed. And the up side is that it would force all races to cast aside their differences and work together with their devine knowledge to overcome the demon's reign.

*Smoke popped out of my head* ack Sorry guys, I short circuited *faints*

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.