Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Inuyasha Live Action Movie being cast?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Inuyasha Live Action Movie being cast?
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Inuyasha Live Action Movie being cast? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 91
Before i go on, gonna say that i don't know how true this article is but it's interesting
here is the link...
firefox.org/news/articles/2661/1/Live-Action-Movies-in-the-Works-Based-on-039Toons-and-Anime/Page1.html
Inuyasha

This Japanese cartoon, about a bad-mannered half-demon boy and a teenage girl who accompanies him on his adventures, is a longtime fan favorite and the movie is expected to appeal to both comic-book fans and Narnia fans. Kagome, the heroine, travels to the past through a magical well, just as the kids in Narnia travel to a magical world through a wardrobe.

However, early plans announced by Hollywood indicate that some changes will be made. Inuyasha will be set in California, and Kagome will be a poor orphan being raised in foster care. Inuyasha, instead of being a sixteenth century half-demon, will be a rock star with a bad attitude and a secret identity as a hanyou.

Said a studio spokesman, "We feel that American viewers will be more comfortable and more apt to watch a movie set in America, with characters reimagined to suit American sensibilities."

Casting has been announced for Inuyasha: The Movie. Actors selected for the roles include:

Kagome: Kristin Kreuk
Inuyasha: Tom Felton
Sango: Eliza Dushku

Miroku has not yet been cast. A studio spokesman indicated that they were looking for a black actor for this role because they wish to have a diverse, racially sensitive cast. However, the studio spokesman indicated that every screen test they'd seen featuring a black actor as the sexually aggressive Miroku did not meet the approval of the movie's financiers. Said one bigwig, "When Miroku gropes the girls, we're concerned about how it will be perceived by the audience. However, we want to remain true to the character.
"

No word yet if they're keeping fifteen year old Kagome's extremely short skirt.

What do you think? IMHO I want to vomit!

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
  The topic has been locked.
Fox
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha Live Action Movie being cast? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 26
BRB GOING TO KILL SOMEONE.

NTHX DRACO MALFOY AS INU.

NTHX TO EVERYTHING.

Black Miroku? Racist much?

"Oh, he gropes women, he must be African American. No one will believe it if he's Asian or Caucasian."

Logged Logged

I am the Master Procrastinator of Dokuga, and I wield a mighty game controller!
Quiet Whisper
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha Live Action Movie being cast? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 13
I think I'm going to go and shoot myself now.... this is so not cool! I say we protest!!!

Logged Logged

LadySafire
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha Live Action Movie being cast? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
Move over cause I'm gonna vomit with you.

Logged Logged
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha Live Action Movie being cast? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 12
I think the whole idea sucks sump water! Part of the charm of Inuyasha is its setting in Feudal Japan. And Kagome jumping back and forth between the two eras is just fun. To turn it into an American Blockbuster is to guarantee an epic FAIL! I know one thing, I won't be going to see it.

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha Live Action Movie being cast? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: -666
Wow...

I'll just say this now. Keep it civil.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha Live Action Movie being cast? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 91
We will Lady B but there will be protests over this, that you have to know cause in chat right now the opinion isn't good

We are hoping that this is a sick April fools joke...

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/03/03 04:53 By Danyealle-sama.

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha Live Action Movie being cast? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
*Repeatedly bangs head on desk* enough said....

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
There can be protests, but no volatile remarks such as shooting one's self or vomiting. Let's be rational in our complaints.

Besides, if they're going to change that much, they won't call it Inuyasha. It has almost nothing to do with it with that many revisions. Sounds like the author took some serious liberties.

Logged Logged

AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha Live Action Movie being cast? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 23
Indeed, I don't think they will call it 'Inuyasha' either. Because it honestly has nothing to do with the Inuyasha storyline and sounds like another average bad boy teen romance movie. It sounds like something that was made up, but meh, if they do make this movie I won't be going to go see it. Because it just doesn't sound like something that appeals to me.

But again, from reading the content above, it sounds like something a fan made up for a fanfiction story and it was taken seriously as a movie or something. That being said, I think the girl they have 'casted' as 'Kagome' would actually fit her well. But she doesn't look like a teenager...

Hm, we shall see if this movie idea is real or not. But if so, It is not my cup of tea. Though I'm sure teens would flock to see this movie

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha Live Action Movie being cast? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 23
Just read the actual article... Look at the date it was written.

April 1st.

Me thinks it was an April fools joke.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/03/03 05:18 By PRVN.
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
You guys are so silly.

Logged Logged

gabby
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha Live Action Movie being cast? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Ok, this is the first time I'm hearing about this possible Inuyasha movie, and I hate to admit it since everyone seems to be against it so far. I'm curious. I mean if this is true I'm trying to look on the bright side of this possibility, I mean both DBZ and Avatar the last airbender were made into movies in they sounded kind of interesting.

One thing I will agree with though. A black Miroku? Come on!?

Logged Logged

Hi my name's gabby, I'm new to this site and only found out about this it when I heard the sad news that single spark was gonna be closed I'm not happy about it but you gotta do what you gotta do.
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
gabby wrote:
Ok, this is the first time I'm hearing about this possible Inuyasha movie, and I hate to admit it since everyone seems to be against it so far. I'm curious. I mean if this is true I'm trying to look on the bright side of this possibility, I mean both DBZ and Avatar the last airbender were made into movies in they sounded kind of interesting.

One thing I will agree with though. A black Miroku? Come on!?

It's an April Fool's joke, you guys. I'm going to lock this thread or else people are going to keep getting the wrong impression.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.