Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Need help with translations!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Need help with translations!
Need help with translations! 7 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I wanted to thank the people that have helped me, since my last post, about story ideas. I really appreciate it!.....

Sadly though, none of them could help me with the translations, so I decided to post another thread, to see if anyone else might know of a good translations or names meaning either The Tiger Queen, or Queen of the Tigers, or atleast something similar. I have even tried The Tiger Priestess.

I tried google translate, and Jishu (sp?), but the closest thing I could find was Tora no Joö, or Tora no Miko... What do you guys think? Do you like one of these? If so, please let me know. If not, please send me something you think would sound better...

Feel free to PM me, or just reply to this here... Either way is fine. Thanks in advance!!!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Victoria
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Need help with translations! 7 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
How about this one, I used Google translate app and got this. I typed in tiger queen. I tried the other names you put, but kept getting the the tora no joö.

Taigakuin

Logged Logged
FayeMegan
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Need help with translations! 7 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 24
This is from the wikipedia page for Japanese honorifics:
Heika is used for sovereign royalty, similar to "Majesty" in English. For example, Tennö Heika means "His Majesty the Emperor", which is used to address the Emperor of Japan, and Kögö Heika means "Her Majesty the Empress", used to address the Empress. Kokuö Heika means "His Majesty the King", and Joo Heika means "Her Majesty the Queen". Heika by itself can be used as a direct term of address, equivalent to "Your Majesty".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_honorifics

So in this case you could use either Tora no Joo or perhaps Tora Joo Heika?

The wikipedia page for Japanese names is also an interesting read.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_name

Logged Logged
Re:Need help with translations! 7 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you both so much! You were both really helpful.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.