Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Abandoned story suggestion
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Abandoned story suggestion
Sandra Larrimore
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Abandoned story suggestion 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I have been with Dokuga for years and was with Spark before then. I have been saddened by so many stories I was following that were never finished. So I was thinking that it would be great if an author had somewhere that they could put a story that they did not wish to or could not finish up for adoption to someone else who would be willing to take that story on and complete it. They could add their name as a co-author for the story so that both author would get credit for their contribution to the finished product. I know that sometimes you can just come to a wall when writing that you cannot just get over or that the train to thought is lost not to be found again. I am just suggesting that this may be a way for members favored stories can be completed. Thank you for reading my idea.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Abandoned story suggestion 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 57
That is a good idea if it's okay on both sides for the past author and the new one to take over. I've seen it done successfully before in other fandoms.

It's not so great if the new author can't emulate the style of the old one. Age and experience in writing is also key here too. A young author might struggle to take over a piece of abandoned fanfiction written by someone from the older generation. Also the difference in comprehension, punctuation, spelling, and grammar etc will be a challenge if one wrote a story in US english, but another wanting to take over writes primarily in UK english too.

It can be done.

I agree.

But it's more complicated than simply picking up another person's abandoned story.

Can a new person take on and flesh out already complex ideas, or will they be locked into a plotline that they can't really make their own?

Co-authorship is more a collaboration than a pure cold start from someone else's beginning.

Also some authors might not want their abandoned stories taken over and continued unless they do it themselves.

This is my preference.

However other authors would more than likely find this a useful option too.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/02/01 21:12 By Pyre.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Abandoned story suggestion 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 277
If you go to the Fanfiction Challenges section of the forum, up at the top of that section, you will see a permanent thread entitled "Borrowed Muse." Many people have posted their plunnies, abandoned stories, and ideas there for others to look over and see if they want to proceed with them.

That, I'm afraid, is the best you're going to do as far as abandoned stories. If you attempt to post a "continuation" of an abandoned story on our site, we will require permission from the original author in writing. Taking over an abandoned story and posting a continuation without the original author's permission is the same as plagiarizing as far as we're concerned, and will not be permitted here.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.