Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Problem with my post still showing my "old name"
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Problem with my post still showing my "old name"
PersianPrincess
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Problem with my post still showing my "old name" 10 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi:

I'm new here. I just posted a new thread under Fanfiction Help - Searching for a Fic...

I originally used my real name, not realizing it wasn't only seen when clicking on my profile. I wanted my Username to be what everyone would see. So I went into my Profile and updated it have my UserName be my Name.

However, when I go to check on my post at the top of this Forum page, it says "Searching for a specific fic by Beeta (not PersianPrincess). When you click on my post, my name shows PersianPrincess. It's not that big of a deal, but I just want to know if there is some kind of glitch here. I've tried clearing the cache, etc.

Any clues?

PersianPrincess

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
PersianPrincess
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Problem with my post still showing my "old name" 10 Years ago Karma: 0
I think I solved the problem. I just logged out and logged back in, and it's fine now. Weird.

Logged Logged
PersianPrincess
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Problem with my post still showing my "old name" 10 Years ago Karma: 0
I was wrong. It solved the problem for this post, but my first post still shows my real name. Oh, well. I think there's nothing I can do since I made that first post with my real name. So, maybe that's why. If anyone can figure out why this is happening, please send me a message or reply here.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Problem with my post still showing my "old name" 10 Years ago Karma: 277
Actually, I just logged in and all four of your posts are showing "PersianPrincess." It's possible that you still have cookies in your computer that are allowing it to display the original name. If it bothers you, you can log out and clear the cookies from your browser, log back in and see if it has changed.

I can assure you, though, that the rest of us will see your preferred name on all four of your posts.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.