Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Test Site
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
IE9 Issues.... Put 'em here. 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 53
I'm sure this is not a complete list... But, if you have issues with IE that are not on this list, throw them in here please. Or if these have "fixed" themselves from updates to IE, that would be nice to know too.

* Viewing the site: Well, compatibility mode helps somewhat for this I guess
* Forum Posts: Viewing first pages doesn't always work -- Does anyone know what exactly was happening here? Was it going to the last page, next page, etc...
* Signing In: Anyone have more info on this??
* JavaScript
** Posting Reviews
** Navigating Stories with Drop Down

Thanks,
-J

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Test Site 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 53
So, I've got a "test site" running, to try implementing some fixes. Mirror Site

Now, I may have a small fix in for a few of the IE9 issues... The forum posting, etc... pretty much most of the things that use the Editor.

So, if those of you with IE9 could you please look at it and let me know if it actually does what it's supposed to, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
-J

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Test Site 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 53
Bump... and Sticky (for now), and....

So, yeah... If ya'll can hammer the mirror site for me please: clicky clicky here!

I've updated the Joomla software to an updated version, so if any of ya'll IE users (IE9 especially) can take a look at it, I really would be grateful.

Also, as mentioned in another thread, this testing site is running an extension for displaying to mobile devices. This is just really much testing currently; default theme that comes when it was installed, but it's something to take a peek at if you're at all interested.

Umm... yeah I think. *hides*

-J

Logged Logged
1CarinoInu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Test Site 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 9
Checked with Safari on my MB Pro - I didn't download a chapter or anything, nor did I check chat.
I also ran with my iPhone - opening a chapter the view is blurry so not sure if that's just a glitch or something else.
I could also review.
No place to login for profile.....that I could find.
Sorry, I don't run IE....
Anything specific you want looked at?

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Test Site 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 53
1CarinoInu wrote:
... , nor did I check chat.

The chat is external, so it doesn't really matter to much as long as the hooks for the flash file it needs are there...

1CarinoInu wrote:
opening a chapter the view is blurry so not sure if that's just a glitch or something else.
I could also review.
No place to login for profile.....that I could find.
Sorry, I don't run IE....
Anything specific you want looked at?

Probably a glitch, to where I'll need to figure out some sort of size that works across the board for screen resolutions. I believe it's basing it's current view off of a smaller size than the what the main site is set as... so once I get that worked out that should help the text issue some. That or the iPhone just doesn't like the fonts Dokuga wants to use.

As for anything specific ... nope, nothing yet. Once I get it worked out, I'll probably ask for more specific tests from those that can, but this is just a generic... "Hey look't me, I exist.... ummm what now?" ;P

Thanks,
-J

Logged Logged
bookgirl813
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Test Site 9 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 76
Whatever happened to developing a 'Mobile' version of Dokuga - was that not really looked at or scrapped for time/cost? I know that Safari has Reader that can be used to make the viewing a lot easier, but not everyone has an iPhone.

Just curious.

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Test Site 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 53
Shisui Uchiha wrote:
Whatever happened to developing a 'Mobile' version of Dokuga - was that not really looked at or scrapped for time/cost? I know that Safari has Reader that can be used to make the viewing a lot easier, but not everyone has an iPhone.

Just curious.

When I had the test site up (I'm no longer working where I was running that server); there was a semi-functional mobile portion up. I say semi, as it pretty much took over. It also didn't work well for the fanfiction layout, as it didn't like how the stories were laid out.

I think something would need to be written specifically for the site because it isn't a generic "this block here of X% size, that block there of Y% size", but instead has multiple areas where the size is hard coded.

-J

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.