Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Download-ability
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Download-ability
Raicheal
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Download-ability 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 2
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but after debating for a week...

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a feature to be able to download the text files of the stories posted on the site. I travel quite a bit, and love to get my fix of my favorite couple, only problem is that I generally don't have an internet connection on the airplane (And some flights are very long). This means the night before I generally stay up late copying and pasting individual chapters of whichever story I'm reading into a text file and saving it on my netbook for later on the plane or in the hotel (some like to charge $50 a week for internet). I've also found this a nice feature for when a site closes down taking the stories I love to read with it, especially if those authors don't post the story on any other sites.

It would be awesome if the I could just click a button and download the manuscript rather than spend an hour doing so manually (only to find out later I missed a chapter or a paragraph). I would understand an authors hesitance to do this due to plagiarism issues, and wouldn't be offended if the answer was a straight up no. However, I figure that those that would steal another persons work probably already are in a similar method. For the rest of us that respect the ideas and hard work of the authors, we would just have another way to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

A random thought as well - such a feature could also allow for easier access on an ereader.

Thanks for hearing me out ^^

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.