Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Having issues with uploading fanart.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Having issues with uploading fanart.
Kahdejus
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Having issues with uploading fanart. 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 15
Help I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have uploaded fanart on here before, but now I'm having issues everytime I try to post a picture if gives me this message.
Position: 1
1. img.jpg
Upload complete......
Memory limit exceeded. No further processing of the picture. Memory requirement:210 MByte (220630602) Serverlimit: 128MByte (134217728)
Rollback: Deletion of original picture successful

Does anyone know how to fix it or help me figure this out. Thanks for the help (^.^)

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Having issues with uploading fanart. 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 57
Kymerasalla wrote:
Help I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have uploaded fanart on here before, but now I'm having issues everytime I try to post a picture if gives me this message.
1. img.jpg
Upload complete......
Memory limit exceeded. No further processing of the picture. Memory requirement:210 MByte (220630602) Serverlimit: 128MByte (134217728)

Does anyone know how to fix it or help me figure this out. Thanks for the help (^.^)

Right I'm not an admin on Dokuga, but I do have plenty of experience using a PC to make art in various file formats.

To make a long story short - What's the file size of your image? Not it's dimensions but the size in kilobytes or megabytes as in kbs or mbs?

Do you know?

I've tested the site by uploading a piece of my own fanart. It works. No problems.

The issue might be with the size of the images you're trying to upload. If the error message is saying 'Memory Limit Exceeded' than it's possible that your images are too big.

The first thing you need to do is check the size of the images you're trying to upload. You might need to resize them down.

Note that an image file ideally should be less than 1MB in size when uploaded to a website. I for example only ever upload my own art if the file, regardless of the format, is less than 500 KB or alternatively 0.5 MB.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/02/14 17:37 By Pyre.
Kahdejus
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Having issues with uploading fanart. 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 15
Thanks a lot but it is actually only 1.5mb I will look into making it smaller, but it really messes with the quality. Again thank you for the feed back.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Having issues with uploading fanart. 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 57
Kymerasalla wrote:
Thanks a lot but it is actually only 1.5mb I will look into making it smaller, but it really messes with the quality. Again thank you for the feed back.

Np your welcome.

I like to help if I can.

Now that is weird. It could be a site error thing. I'm not sure since I can upload fanart without a hitch.

Wait, I just tested the site by trying to upload an image file in excess of 2 MB. Yeah I get an error message that says 'File size exceeded'. The upload limit for an image is 2 MB.

That might be the reason you couldn't upload the image, but 1.5 Mb is 500 Kb less than 2 MB.

Hmm I would suggest that you resize the file down to under a megabyte. You could squish it or use a photo-editing program to resize more easily. GIMP is free for download and usage. There are plenty of tutorials online on how to use it too. It's the program I use to resize images.

Although if you do resize an image it's best to do it only if you have an image in excess of 2000 pixels wide and high. If you try to resize an image of say 500 x 500 kb down to 150 x 150 than the loss of quality is more noticable.

Higher resolutions resized down don't lose quality as badly.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/02/14 17:52 By Pyre.
Kahdejus
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Having issues with uploading fanart. 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 15
Mera I did I went down to 800kb and I still am getting this message. Thank you though I messaged one of the admins to see If they can fix it. Thank you so much for all your help and suggestions. (^.^)

Logged Logged
Kahdejus
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Having issues with uploading fanart. 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 15
1. imgdokuga.jpg
Upload complete......
Memory limit exceeded. No further processing of the picture. Memory requirement:210 MByte (220631954) Serverlimit: 128MByte (134217728)

So I'm still getting this message and I have officially shrunk it to below a MB can anyone tell me how to fix this. I have messaged almost all the admins and even emailed one. Still no response from any of them. I have been having this issue for a month now. I am actually really getting upset with this site which sucks cause I love dokuga. I use it all the time. So please will some one help me I'm getting desperate here.
UPDATE: just tried it again shrinking it as small as possible which was 834.5kb and still I got this message. Will some one tell me what I am doing wrong here.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/02/28 05:02 By kymerisalla.
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Having issues with uploading fanart. 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 53
Sorry, didn't notice this earlier... :/

So, it appears you're hitting the memory limit for PHP. When you upload an image it creates a thumbnail, and it tries figuring out how much memory is going to be required to create that thumbnail image, and from it's formula it would require 210MB where 128MB was the limit that could be set aside. [1]

I've doubled the limit, so the image you were trying to upload should work.

-M

[1] - Basically, it does a calculation based on image dimensions, color channels, image bits, etc... to estimate what the memory usage of the conversion function is going to use. If the estimated value is larger than what can be allocated, you'll get the error that you did.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.