Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Stuck in plot limbo - Help
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Stuck in plot limbo - Help
a Mysticlady
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Stuck in plot limbo - Help 11 Years ago Karma: 4
Okay, another fic I have in the works...have a few of those.

Kagome is pulled into the well and everyone thinks she went home, but she is in the jewel which is suspended in the time stream...

Any ways she can hear what happens around the well and I have several scenes of the inu pack but when it comes to the Higurashi clan I come up empty.

I can't seem to think what they would do and say. Any suggestions would be a great help and I will give credit for any that I use.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Stuck in plot limbo - Help 11 Years ago Karma: 56
Hmmm.... well, you could have Mama reminiscing at the well. Sota could sneak out at night and try to jump through the well, only to land on the bottom, then get mad at the well, at her, at the fates... If you are placing the timeframe for this at the end of the canon series, remember her friends were there when she was stuck in the jewel and heard Inu talking when the well disappeared, so they could be talking to her or to each other in front of the well, wondering what happened. Grandpa could try to boost his offudas (sp?) and try to use them to line the interior of the well, maybe trying to reopen it to get to her?
I hope something here helps to fuel your plunnies.

Logged Logged

a Mysticlady
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Stuck in plot limbo - Help 11 Years ago Karma: 4
I am tweaking the ending. Nobody knows that she is trapped. They can't hear her and all think she is on the other side of the well from them. I have one scene where Miroku and Shippo drop a letter hoping that is will be sent to her time but shippo can see that it sits at the bottom.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Stuck in plot limbo - Help 11 Years ago Karma: 156
If no one knows about her predicament, then witnessing the everyday life going on as normal would be the most agonising, I'd imagine... The powerlessness of being a mute witness to her family, watching her grandpa grow older and her brother getting taller etc. I mean there are so many possibilities and emotions to portray, even without anything "significant" happening, without her family actually doing anything.

Logged Logged
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Stuck in plot limbo - Help 11 Years ago Karma: 56
I understand that each side thinks she is on the other, that would be all the more reason to have Souta reminiscing at the well or trying to go through it. Let's say something happens to Grandpa, he'd be heartbroken, not wanting to upset Mama further by crying to her, and the well would be as close as he could get to where he thinks Kagome is now. Kinda like Shippo's letter or when someone sits at a grave and talks to the deceased person. Souta knows she can't hear him, or at least assumes she can't, but part of him pretends and wishes she could. You could have any of her family in/around/or just outside the wellhouse interacting with each other and Kagome could hear them.
Just a thought.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.