Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Fiction Writers Cheat Sheet
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Fiction Writers Cheat Sheet
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fiction Writers Cheat Sheet 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 56
I ran across this on Deviant Art. (I don't own it). I thought it had some good ideas. What do you think? Do you use any of these ideas?

Click here to go to DA

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fiction Writers Cheat Sheet 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 19
I do, actually. I use the methods to help kick Writer's Block butt, and for the most part it works unless I am being lazy. XD I use a mash up of the Scientific Method and the Swain Method.I don't really use the Cycle scene and sequel because once I have the overall basic plot figured out, I tend to let my characters figure out how to get to the end on their own. Sometimes they do brilliant things that I never once would have thought to make them do.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/01/21 18:15 By Kayelyn.

I write to tell stories. I believe that there a some professions in the world that will last forever: doctor or a nurse, teacher, builder and a storyteller. I write also to become myself, more so day by day. Writing is a way to shape out visible and invisible, in myself as well as in the world.
Eppu Nuotio
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Fiction Writers Cheat Sheet 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 60
I use The Writing Process a lot xD It helps

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Cass
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fiction Writers Cheat Sheet 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
I personally have a really hard time using any writing devices like that. For whatever reason outlines only serve to mess me up, and I just end up winging it anyway. Any papers I have to write for school always end up worse if an outline is part of the assignment. Guess I'm just weird like that.

Cass

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Fiction Writers Cheat Sheet 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 57
I've never been great at following technical solutions for writing unless I can understand and apply the process in working order, or, I've probably used variations of whatever is out there in some way, shape or form. My basis is academic writing, so I'm a what you might call 'jargon-junky', so anything on a creative/fanfiction level is a breath of fresh air, easier to write, and free from folding my brain into a pretzel.

Thinking can literally hurt. I've had days when my eyeballs were slowly turning into the cube-shape of my PC screen. Eye-strain is less painful by far.

Writer's Block can be a pain in the keister but I get Drawing Block too, so I toss the ficlet or drawing aside and leave it until I can come back to it another day with a fresh brain and figure it out. Works wonders. I'm that person that either can write or can draw when I feel creative. If I'm not in that mood I'm about as useful as a flat tyre.

~ Pyre

P.S: Thanks for the link, that's some interesting stuff.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.