Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Wondering if anyone has seen something similar....
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Wondering if anyone has seen something similar....
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Wondering if anyone has seen something similar.... 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 216
Okay, i tend to notice plagiarism most often when a name suddenly changes while in the middle of text. And i do not support authors that have this happen in their fiction. I'm currently reading:

www.fanfiction.net/s/5621261/1/Bloodlust on FF: Bloodlust » The quest is finally over, the jewel is finally complete. But Inuyasha wants what he can't have; Kagome leaves to escape his betrayal, and runs into Sesshomaru. Who knew that not being afraid could be more dangerous than the one you are supposed to fear?
Inuyasha - Rated: M - English - Drama/Romance - Chapters: 8 - Words: 27,112 - Reviews: 24 - Updated: 1-7-10 - Published: 12-29-09 - Kagome & Sesshomaru

Now admittedly, its a very interesting story. And more so it seems Kagome turns into a demon of some kind, The over all plot really is that Yusha picks Kikyo and then tries to do away with Kagome. Sess finds her and wants to know WHERE yusha is, and Kagome tells him she can't tell him but she'll show him. Along the way she gets hurt and her blood draw him to her in a lust yummy way. But she gets poisoned along the way and he takes her back to his home where she ends up sleeping for 2 months, and then he tells her she's youkai.

He then starts to deal with the fact that he's afraid of the fact that if its NOT true then he's lusting and wanting a human. But its pretty much a 99% chance she's a youkai. So he's spazzing. Now there's some best friend lord and his mate in his home, and that's abotu where i was when i noticed the name slip up. Suddenly...

"The invisible hands that had treated Ria with such attentive care appeared to take Kinawai’s cloak, and then disappeared into the woodwork, leaving Kasuka with her own in hand. Bitter laughter came from her when she realized it,; a glint smoothed itself out in the corners of her eyes."

...Those hands should have gotten Kagome, not Ria. I've looked on FF and can't seem to find anything similar, and i want to believe that this author hasnt stolen work BUT, all the fics they have up, about 8 of them, were all posted in the last 2 weeks. And there are some decent word counts to these stories. its not like they have 8, 4k fics, they have 8, 2 - 40k fics. All POSTED as early as Dec 26 2009. The account looks bare, no AN or author introduction, no notes saying pulled from another SN i use.. nothing.

As someone who recently just went through having someone steal my work i really dont want to be reading or reviewing for someone who's stealing someone elses work. I also dont read anything but IY, Naruto, Bleach, and DN but what i have read, i've never seen this fic under anyone elses name or likeness.

I guess the point is I'm asking anyone if they have seen the Possible Original of this fic? Again this is not a dokuga issue, but a FF one.

- r0o

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Rai
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Wondering if anyone has seen something similar.... 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
was this the fake one?

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshou-mama's Meidou-Seki in the Dokuga claiming game!
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Wondering if anyone has seen something similar.... 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 216
i dunno. Honestly. This fiction is only 8 chapters long, not even marked as complete but has a sequel up as well. The cue for me that it might not be this person's original work was that the italicized moment above. The name Ria, is nowhere else in that fic so far, but chapter 6, only mentioned one time. and then there's the fact that they have 8 fics. Some complete, some not, that range from 2k - 40k long. And their FF account is only about 10 days old. I'm not saying its impossible, but at the same time the AN's have tanks for reviews from people that have no reviewed the fic. And i dont know if its a repost and not mentioned as such or someone is plagiarizing. I'm really not fond of plagiarizers, even before my issue.

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Wondering if anyone has seen something similar.... 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 277
I would suggest contacting her to see if it is Lira with a different pen name...

Check out the description for Bloodlust on Spark:

http://dokuga.com/spark/profile?&aid=1057

I would, but I'm pretty busy at the moment. If you find out anything, though, please let me know!!
:?
~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Wondering if anyone has seen something similar.... 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 66
I read the AN at the end of the 1st chapter and it says that it's a repost. I'm thinking the original author is going under a different account. Maybe she closed her first account. I'm not sure about what happened between the author and ff.net, but what I'm seeing is that it's a repost with some changes to the original.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Rai
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Wondering if anyone has seen something similar.... 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
i found this www.fanfiction.net/s/3865600/1/Bloodlust Bloodlust by XbeautifulXemoXembraceX
Inuyasha - Rated: M - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 37 - Words: 99,094 - Reviews: 29 - Updated: 11-11-07 - Published: 10-30-07 - Sesshomaru & Kagome

--maybe this author and lyrainthedark who wrote the BLOODLUST above is the same person?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/07 14:49 By Rai.

Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Wondering if anyone has seen something similar.... 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 29
Well, she does mention on FF that this was written years ago (which it was on spark (2005)), and that it's being revised, and that she was informed a while ago that some people were stealing her work, and posting it under their name.

So either it's her under another penname, or someone who stole it and researched her stuff, but usually they are not that smart. It would still be worth asking and checking though, to make sure.

Maybe check on spark if the same mistake is there?

EDIT: I think the link Rai posted is the "copy" she mentions at the end of her first chapter on FF

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/07 14:48 By xMaddiex.

Rai
Whelp
graphgraph
waaaahh!

i saw another Bloodlust in spark and with the sequel by Lira

..i'm getting confused

Logged Logged

Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Wondering if anyone has seen something similar.... 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 29
Yes that one has already been mention.
Lira could be lyra in the dark.

I think she is, also, the other Bloodlust by beautifulemo or whatever, only has two stories that are from Lira (well from those on spark anyway), and the summary has been changed... That one is a fake, it just looks like, someone copied it.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/07 14:55 By xMaddiex.

Rai
Whelp
graphgraph
maybe you're right..that emo emo doesn't have Ukime no Sekisetsu by Lira also..

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Wondering if anyone has seen something similar.... 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 216
See what i mean! its all confusing -_- either way though.... i get maybe the Lira/lyrainthedark are possibly one and the same, but there are AN's thanking people for reviews that aren't there as well... I'm really not trying to cause problems but seriously i jsut dont want to read/review for someone stealing someone elses work! I think I'm going to PM lyrainthedark on FF and see what she says, Does anyone know if Lira/Lyra is On Dokuga? not spark but Dokuga...

mah looking at the Spark version and the new FF version, it kinda looks revamped, and as if much of the fluff has been taken out.... I sent a PM we'll see where it goes...

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/07 15:24 By sugar0o.

On HHr Shipping
Rai
Whelp
graphgraph
no Lira nor Lyrainthedark in dokuga's author directory..

hmmmmmm I wonder, where there any other UN she used?

Logged Logged

Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
I actually started reading the sequel first. Bloodlust: Purity was the first one she posted on FF. It is now on hold pending the completion of Bloodlust. In the author's notes in the sequel, she says that the sequel is posted in its entirety on her Deviant Art account and also on Mediaminer. So I'm thinking maybe she really is the original author. Looking forward to hearing her answers to the PM that was sent.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
yeah that too just seemed odd to me. Even if you are the original author, why are you posting # 2 first, then #1. Unless she's all Quentin Tarintino of Fanfiction >:3

i'm just wondering really. i think everyone as a fanfiction community should always be on the watch for people that have stolen fics up.

In fact I'm reporting that other kid "XbeautifulXemoXembraceX" kid if they aren't Lira themselves. Specially b/c i will feel like a fool for reviewing them 4 times when it was someone else's fic. >:l also if that's not Lira, then they also stole the first chapter of her sequel as well....So unless that person turns out to be lira as well, I'm gunna go ahead and send FF a note, not that they actually will do anything... they kinda suck at taking down fraud fiction.

Specially something that' been up for 2 years >_< MAH

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/07 15:49 By sugar0o. Reason: i STILL cant spell ::luffs F7::

On HHr Shipping
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
okay, Lira from Spark and this lira: www.fanfiction.net/s/5621261/1/Bloodlust , are one and the same. I'm still waiting for comfermation bout the XemoX kid... i dont think thats her. She said she's doing SERIOUS revisions. so that explains how & why the stories are similar. but if i get word back that the XemoX kid is not her... well i think we should try and take her down. >:3

I loath plagiarism.

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
Angel
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Wondering if anyone has seen something similar.... 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 9
If you look on media minner too you can find Bloodlust and the sequel there not to add to the confusion but both stories are there I was worried that it was a ripe off but I can't be sure this seems to be a very confusing case!!

Logged Logged
Anglowritten
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Wondering if anyone has seen something similar.... 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
I noticed the same thing too its just sad that people do that i mean, com'on people should support each other and make unique stories not try to copy from each other with the same ol' plot :3 i really hope everything get solved. Quick Eyes Sugar0o

Logged Logged

Ano..me and my inner demons wishes cookies >:3
Re:Wondering if anyone has seen something similar.... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Honestly there are times when I find myself remembering what I had read prior to making my own story and retaining some of it, which ends inside mi story. That is why I have to double check my work now ^^. Not that I didn't do that anyway. Then again if you really think about then we have all at some point used someones elses quotes because we have liked it.

But when I do catch myself doing these things it is usally from books. Just because I like how they wrote there quote, or maybe it is a word that I like.

But now that I went back and read what was said it wasn't a quote but a...plot.

REally...a plot

Logged Logged

Apples arre good. What I love about life is that No matter what you always pull through and find something better

Pineapples arre soo good. What I hate about life is that you have to work hard for what you want

Bananas arre so Not good. But the thing about working hard is that it always looks good on a resume ^^

Grapes arre...so-so unless they are firm,yum! Giving up is not in my vocab anymore >.-

In Case you havent noticed I like my fruit the same way I like my life ^^
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.