Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Searching for Soulmate Fics
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Searching for Soulmate Fics
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Searching for Soulmate Fics 7 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 57
Hiya,

Has anyone ever written any of those soulmate fics for Inuyasha,or Sess/Kag? I don't mean generic soulmates, I mean the type where they have the name of their soulmate written on their skin, like a tattoo, I think the concept is from some series. No idea what it is. I've just read this idea done in Avengers fanfic and it was done fairly well.

Just wondering if its been done here too.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Searching for Soulmate Fics 7 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 57
Serena530 wrote:
Hmmm...I've never come across any fic like that, but I wouldn't mind reading it. Maybe you should try your hand at it or issue a challenge. And I've only come across one "generic" soulmate fic for Sess/Kag. Are there many of those around?

Wow, I just googled it and apparently the soulmate thing with the name on their skin in a fan trope. XD. I actually thought it was from some series like Meyer's Twilight. . It's not.

Found the trope info here: fanlore.org/wiki/Soulmates

Interesting, it was posted in various forms as a writing challenge. Not unlike the Marriage Law thing for HP fanfiction posted years ago online. I've read tonnes of stuff for that, especially with Hermione and Draco etc.

Don't know if I'd want to attempt it myself. Would make an interesting story and or a piece of art. I'd be more inclined to do the latter, and am thinking about it already. I just wonder if their names would be written in japanese or something else. XD. Or that they might have like a unique tattoo with some meaning associated with either of them on a part of their body instead of writing.

Like they're born with it, but they don't find the other person until years later by a chance meeting, and a glance at that tattoo or name on their skin.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/02/08 05:23 By Pyre.
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Searching for Soulmate Fics 7 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 171
Hmmm...I've never come across any fic like that, but I wouldn't mind reading it. Maybe you should try your hand at it or issue a challenge. And I've only come across one "generic" soulmate fic for Sess/Kag. Are there many of those around?

Logged Logged
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Searching for Soulmate Fics 7 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 171
That sounds interesting. If you try the art work rout then you can do all your ideas, tinker around with them, and see which you like best.

Logged Logged
Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Searching for Soulmate Fics 7 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 22
Is this...a challenge? Because you're tempting me pretty hardcore right now

Should I be thinking of writing something when I already have two stories running? Probably not. But am I still considering it? Definitely yes! If you tell me you want to issue this as a prompt/challenge, I will give it serious thought to see what I can do.

Logged Logged

None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Searching for Soulmate Fics 7 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 57
Kyndred Raven wrote:
Is this...a challenge? Because you're tempting me pretty hardcore right now

Should I be thinking of writing something when I already have two stories running? Probably not. But am I still considering it? Definitely yes! If you tell me you want to issue this as a prompt/challenge, I will give it serious thought to see what I can do.

Kewl!

I will run to the challenge forum. XD.

Or just click the next screen.

Challenge is also issued: www.dokuga.com/forum/29-challenges/113534-soulmates-challenge#113534

Have fun.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/02/09 03:11 By Pyre.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.