Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Need help bouncing an idea -MA story- Spoilers!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Need help bouncing an idea -MA story- Spoilers!!
Miko Sayuri
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Need help bouncing an idea -MA story- Spoilers!! 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
I sent you a PM! I hope I helped some!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
mandy
Pup
graphgraph
Need help bouncing an idea -MA story- Spoilers!! 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4
Hello Dokugans,
I have recently started a story titled "Invictus". Some of ya'll have already seen it (3,000 views! I'm so excited). And as most stories go, it isn't for everyone.

It is rated MA due to violence and some future scenes.
-Most of the time I over rate my story a bit just so I wont get in trouble as I write it. Then by the final chapter, I'll comb back through it, and give it an appropriate rating.

So! I am in need of someone to bounce ideas with.
This story came to me as a dream. Ironically is was the final scene (the last chapter) that I remembered when I finally got to my computer. But a story just can't be an ending! So I've been reverse writing this thing. And now I have a problem.

SPOILERS AHEAD : READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

I dreamed sesshomaru's infant son dying, and I don't want his son dead. -It's a personal thing. I just honestly can't write about the agony of losing a child. I was depressed trying to get through it.-

But now I'm stuck. The plot revolves around this. I thinking of having sesshomaru revive his son like he did Rin. And now he's on a path of vengeance, but his son hasn't recovered like Rin did after her death. He seems stuck in limbo.
Also, I don't really know what to do with Rin. I think I might kill her off during the raid that killed his son... or not.

And in yall's personal opinion, where would sesshomaru's state of mind be with Rin dead, and his son in a state of limbo?
We understand that she has filled a position of companionship, charge, and child. But would he be more upset about his own flesh and blood or his adopted flesh and blood. I feel they need to garner his attention in individual and equal ways. But lets all be honest, our own flesh and blood is more important in someways, it can't be helped, it's primordial. And not only is he a father, he's a ruler, a king. His kingdom always will come first, he needs to continue to hold a mask of indifference so others don't catch on to his problems and make use of them.

How does a ruler react in this situation?
No one but the immediate individuals know his adopted daughter is dead, that he has a son, that his son is in a state of limbo. His kingdom is falling down around him.

And to throw fire into this party, he thought Kagome had something to do with the attack on his children, his kingdom. And now she's bonded to him somehow!

I feel like I'm breaking under the pressure of writing this. (lol!) I'm extremely glad I'm not sesshomaru right now.

Opinions are welcome. Anyone who wants to add their input are encouraged to talk. I don't care if it's negative, all thoughts are welcome at the moment.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/12/15 03:32 By Mandy_26.
Sesshomaru's Secret Admirer
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Need help bouncing an idea -MA story- Spoilers!! 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 95
What an interesting plot you have here. I would say that, yes, I would never wish to be in Sesshomarus current situation....but he isss a youkai that has lived a long life and probably experienced many hardships. I cant imagine Sesshomaru breaking down because of this.
I don't think there is much importance on who is more precious to him (rin or his son) because either way he still feels pained by both of their conditions.
I think Sesshomaru would react even more cold on the surface and focus on building his kingdom back or plan a revenge to those who hurt his dear ones. This helps him avoid the pain he feels for rin and his son. But have moments where his guard is down and remembers the loss.
As for Kagome....he suspects that she has something to do with Rins death and his sons limbo state? I doubt he would kill her because he would use her for information....so I think he would be really cold towards her. Not violent though.... and kagome as always would tear down his judgement and make him hesitate to label her as an enemy. These are my thoughts from your summary so far. I hope it helps?

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.