Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
HELP!!! PLEASE
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: HELP!!! PLEASE
Angel
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
HELP!!! PLEASE 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
I'm new to the whole making icons and banners, I have no idea how to or how to make them. I also don't know how to up load them and was wondering if some could make me a icon, and also tell me how to put them up on this. I feel really weird asking I'm more a writer on my laptop then anything(truste me: latop + me = meltdown) .

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Shisaa
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:HELP!!! PLEASE 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
If you don't make/take your own profile pic, it kind of loses its meaning, doesn't it? :| Oh well. xP

I assume, at least, that you're talking about your profile image, as it's still all silhouette-y and blank.

Logged Logged

Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
Unless an idiot dies, he won\\\\\\\'t be cured.
Eternity_of_Sins
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:HELP!!! PLEASE 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
I would be glad to make you an icon if you like. Do you have any preferences about who to have for the picture or, better yet, have a specific picture in mind to use? And what size do you want (100x100 and such)?

Logged Logged

Angel
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:HELP!!! PLEASE 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
Yeah, sorry I do have someone that draws for me,(my boyfriend) I can't draw to save my life but I do color his work and add fine detail so I will have some fanart soon. Like I said I don't know how to work fine details with uploading artwork.

Logged Logged
Demonlordlover
Miko
graphgraph
Re:HELP!!! PLEASE 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 6
Angel wrote:
I'm new to the whole making icons and banners, I have no idea how to or how to make them. I also don't know how to up load them and was wondering if some could make me a icon, and also tell me how to put them up on this. I feel really weird asking I'm more a writer on my laptop then anything(truste me: latop + me = meltdown) .

If you need a good program, GIMP is akin to photoshop but it completely free. The best measurement to use is 100x100px. Get some pictures you like, and just play around. Making icons is a fun hobby, and gives you something to tinker with for those days when you have nothing better to do.

There are also icons available that Quirkyslayer aka Paynesgrey donated for our use on the site.

GIMP: www.gimp.org

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/05/12 02:12 By Demonlordlover.

hopeis4ever
Pup
graphgraph
Re:HELP!!! PLEASE 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
Another great example of a free program is Paint.net. Just click on the download button in the top right.

I've found it to be a fantastic program and has many nice features. You can also go to their forum for brushes and other accessories to add to the program.

Logged Logged

nopenope
Pup
graphgraph
Re:HELP!!! PLEASE 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
That's helpful! I'll try that!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.