Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Death WIP
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Death WIP
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Death WIP 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 53
So, figured I'd go a head an start a WIP thread since I know I'm gonna need it... :/

So, the only thing I have currently is a quick'n'dirty render of the Scythe.

Scythe design based on Kagome + Death "doodles" by r0o

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Death WIP 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 216
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o!!!!

I know a lot of people might have wondered why when i originally made her scythe curved like that. the idea at least from my part was that as a weapon, she would always be using it at her arm's length and swinging it, so having the bowed curve in the middle makes it so she ca do that easier while in motion. or at least that was my thought behind it! I'm really amazed by this! and i cant wait to see where it goes from here!

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Death WIP 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 53
So, here's where I'm at on the head....

Still can't tell the shape 100%, but it's getting there. The wire frame is laid out in the general muscle structure, so guesstimation there.

The opposite side is mirrored.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/10/06 01:16 By mitharus. Reason: Stupid max image resolution of 800x800
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Death WIP 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 29
I love that you are giving us all the WIP updates. This is just too awesome to see! Cant wait to see the entire thing, too!

Logged Logged
BlueHeavensAngel
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Death WIP 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 7
Wow. This looks like it's going to be really amazing when it's done Mitharus. It already looks great. I don't know much about 3D rendering, but I'm excited to see the final product. It's awesome that you are giving us little sneak peaks of the work as it progresses. Good luck with your work. ^_^

Logged Logged

Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Death WIP 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 3
I absolutely love this. Please continue the updates to this thread until the very end. I am completely fascinated by the artistic process. This is kind of like looking over your shoulder as you draw.

I am not an artist. Understatement of the century. Lord knows I could screw up stick figures. Thank you so much for giving us a peek into the creative process.

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Meh... so, I just threw together a small UV Map for texturing, hoping that it'd turn out okay....

Yeah... not so much. :/

Guess I'm going to have to unwrap the parts of the thing and place the UV coordinates manually, since the "easy" mesh projection unwrap didn't work so well. To many shared points I guess. *shrug*

Anyway, the ugly texture image I used is located here: Scythe_UV.tga -- Targa File format (Photoshop will open), 2048x2048, 1.0MB

Bleah... time to walk away from the whole UV thing for a while... *shudder*

Edit (2010-10-07):

Above is a secondary texture map.

I'm still not happy with how it unwraps, way too many small hanging faces (See scythe_UV_layout_2.tga -- 12.0MB (gah!); 2048x2048 - Targa -- for the UV Wire frame). The right 3rd of the image is the blade, where the left 2/3'rds is the scythe wooden part. *sigh* Guess I'm really going to need to manually unwrap the mesh object. ;(

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/10/07 17:17 By mitharus. Reason: Cleanup... I really need to learn to type
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Another small update on the head.

So, lips and nose are created now at least. Still need to tweak some of the geometry (where the mesh is bleeding over the wire frame), and the overall shape is still to rounded for my liking.

Edit (2010-10-07):

So, above is the full mirrored object, no wire frames (sorry about the manipulator, didn't think about it).

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/10/08 00:11 By mitharus. Reason: I need to learn the difference between 'S' and 'A'
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
I know a lot of people might have wondered why when i originally made her scythe curved like that. the idea at least from my part was that as a weapon, she would always be using it at her arm's length and swinging it, so having the bowed curve in the middle makes it so she ca do that easier while in motion. or at least that was my thought behind it!

*nod* *nod*

That was my thinking too. I may just do a quickie animation of the scythe slashing motion around a body tomorrow if I have a chance. Then everyone can point out where I messed it up. ;p~ Fun for all, eh?

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
So, had time to do the quickie animation.

You can get the animation here: scytheAnimation.avi -- 2.5MB, 3.2 sec. Should be playable in standard Media Player (or the like), if it doesn't work for you let me know and I'll make a new encoded version... maybe flash video since most people have flash these days.

Yeah, the animation sucks horribly, I know. But I was just going for a quick general movement of the Scythe. Really... Honest. *hangs head in shame*

I make no claims to the female model/armor in the movie... These belong to Bethesda from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion -- Only full body model I have in a usable format currently.

Logged Logged
Re:Death WIP 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Nice work ^^

Logged Logged

Apples arre good. What I love about life is that No matter what you always pull through and find something better

Pineapples arre soo good. What I hate about life is that you have to work hard for what you want

Bananas arre so Not good. But the thing about working hard is that it always looks good on a resume ^^

Grapes arre...so-so unless they are firm,yum! Giving up is not in my vocab anymore >.-

In Case you havent noticed I like my fruit the same way I like my life ^^
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.