Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I am bragging on Lady Shieru!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I am bragging on Lady Shieru!
Mamasama
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I am bragging on Lady Shieru! 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 16
I just wanted to let people know out there who may be interested that not only is this young lady extraordinarily talented in doing commissions for a very reasonable rate, she is a very good teacher! Let me explain.

When I saw her thread a couple weeks ago or so about opening commissions, I pounced on it and pleaded with her to teach me about the Photoshop software. Being a HUGE fan of her artwork and Doujinshi, I thought, who better? And since she was taking commissions, maybe she'd take students, too! Hey, Wouldn't hurt to ask, right? I am an artist and have desired for some time to expand my abilities to digital media. Only problem is, I have no one to teach me and I'm extremely busy right now raising my 4 little boys so at the moment, school is out. Someday, I'll go for graphic design, but anyway, I digress....

Anyway, she got back to me and we arranged to meet by instant messenger. I've paid her hourly for her time and expertise and it has been SOOOOOOO worth it. I am amazed at how much I have learned. So far, we've had about 7 hours of 'class time' on Messenger. It's great because we can send screen shots back and forth...i.e. she's sent me dozens of screen shots actually showing what certain tools in the software do and how they work....like I said, I am in awe of what I've learned. I feel like I have a good grasp to actually do something with photoshop. Whereas before I had NO IDEA how to do ANY of it and was frustrated at every turn.

My point is, if you're a traditional artist like me and you want to branch out to digital media, I highly suggest contacting Lady Shieru. She is very patient and knowledgeable. Last night I had my second session with her and I'm THRILLED with what I've learned. I am anxious to finish the Sess/Kag/Rin piece I started weeks ago.

I'm sure I'll be calling on her again!

SO I just wanted to sing the praises of this very gifted young woman. She's very open and friendly and will answer any questions you may have. Check out her Deviant art page... ladyshieru.deviantart.com/

She has done some of the most GORGEOUS Sesshomaru and Kagome pieces I have ever seen...check 'em out.

Slainte',
Amy

Logged Logged

Amy
Mamasama

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Koorii
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I am bragging on Lady Shieru! 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Welcome to the world of digital art! -laughs.-

I'm glad you found someone to help you learn this stuff, I ended up muddling through it mostly on my own back when I first got my hands on a paint shop pro program for the first time.

That you got such a brilliant artist to aid you, must help tons. I'm going to go add her to my dev-watch list now, I think.

Good luck in your endeavors into digital art! :]

Logged Logged

Mamasama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I am bragging on Lady Shieru! 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 16
hey, thanks!

yeah, I figured I'll take whatever assistance I can get! LOL. I'm one of those people who always needs LOTS of assistance:blush: .

By the way, I think your avatar is BEAUTIFUL!

Amy

Logged Logged

Amy
Mamasama

Koorii
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I am bragging on Lady Shieru! 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Well, I'm always up for helping other artists when I can so you can always ask me if you want, I don't know how much help I'll be but I'm willing to help if I can can. xD

Thank you, I'm really proud of it. It's a cut from a picture of mine :]

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.