Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Your Realm of Literature
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Your Realm of Literature
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Your Realm of Literature 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11
So I was reading an old classic the other night, and started to think about a couple stories I've read/written that would fit under that particular story's genre. Then I was curious as to what realm of literature all of yall's stories would fit under.

These are the four main genre's from classic literature. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) ^^

Lyric

The realm of love. Literature that deals with wholeness, consummation, and joy; the right order of being. Can include lamentation. Maybe a good fit for drabbles, or oneshots, since they mostly fall on the lighter note.

Tragedy

The realm of suffering, loss, brokenness, pain. Sometimes includes some sort of reconciliation. Your story might fall under this one if there is a lot of consistent hardship and loss.

Comedy

(Not a "laugh out loud" genre - pertains to Dante's Infernal, Purgatorial, and Paradisal realms) The realm of faith, hope, and love in a fallen world. Includes endurance and regeneration. Your story might fit under this genre if the setting is "discouraging" or "broken", but there is hope (maybe love past the odds) integrated throughout the story.

Epic

The realm of struggle. Attempt to build, restore, or maintain the "city". Includes honor and heroism, and characters who conquer odds. Not sure how many of yall have stories under this genre, but perhaps an action fanfic will fall under this.

So give the title of a fanfic you've written or one that you've read, the realm of literature it falls under and why you think so! I'm very interested to see what you all have!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/09/06 18:30 By DestinysTears.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kayare
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Your Realm of Literature 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Interesting! Hmm, I haven't written any fanfics of my own so I'll mention someone else's!

I'd say Wisteria by MissTeak could be under comedy. It hasn't been updated in forever, but I still love that story!! It's so beautifully written. I think that it has a sense of hope throughout the story between Sesshomaru and Kagome, as Kagome (SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT) is lost in a different world, with Sesshomaru as the one bright ray of hope she has. Of course she's not all despair all the time, but the underlying fact is that she is trapped and challenged with choices that affect her and those around her. It's like she has to choose to live behind the mask of the geisha or choose to live as herself... Such a well written story...

I think everyone has read this story, but if you haven't, here's the link! It's incredible but be warned, it hasn't been updated in over two years...

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/1473/1

ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: Rated MA! No minors, please

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/09/05 12:07 By MoxyMikki.
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Your Realm of Literature 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11
Ooh, I love Wisteria!! I completely agree with you on that. It has its sad moments, but I can see the sense of hope integrated throughout the story, as you were saying.

It reminds me a little of like Once Upon an Edo Night, if you've read that, although I think that one is more Tragedy than Comedy. At least in the one shot form... It's been a while but I think she's added more chapters to that one, where Kagome's fate doesn't end in death. So that one could probably be taken as a Comedy in that sense.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.