Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Saying Goodbye...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Saying Goodbye...
OnyxIvyStone
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Saying Goodbye... 8 Years ago Karma: 5
Over the last few months, I've broken through a rather substantial case of writer's block... Again with the help of this genre. If you've been reading my work, if you know me at all from A.Single.Spark, you know there are still stories I started there I've never been able to finish... Until now. It began with "Roll of the Dice" and now I am working on "Butterfly Kisses"... And I'm nearly well over a hundred thousand words into it with no end in sight.

So... How is this saying goodbye, you might ask?

My goal is to finish ALL the unfinished work... To gently put to bed all of my beloved tales the way I always intended before I begin work on my original novel. It is my gift to all of the readers who still remember and love my stories. You deserve to know how all of them end... Even the ones you didn't even know existed.

If all goes according to plan, by the turn of 2016, I will be finished with EVERYTHING and will begin work on what I hope will become a full time calling. We'll see. If not, to write is still one of the keenest pleasures I've ever known. The lack of publication certainly won't deter me from its pursuit.

And so... With that... I hope you enjoy my finale. When "Butterfly Kisses" has finished, I'll be moving on to the epilogue series of short stories connected with "Kaidan" and then the sort sequel to "To Know the Man". The last story I will complete is "Chimera" as I feel it should be... My dream beast and perhaps the story most surely to be my best work in the genre.

Thank you for reading. Thank you for the encouragement... And wish me luck.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Saying Goodbye... 8 Years ago Karma: 12
I'm going to be very honest here.

Your work is great. I only have ever read Kaidan, and I really liked it. And please keep doing what you love to do and I wish you, as well as any other authors or artists the best of luck.

But holy sh*t, it saddened me to read goodbye messages (thread tittles) haha... Though, I don't think this is farewell for you yet, since you still got a some more chapters to work on, and you haven't actually mentioned anything along the line of falling out of the fandom... And on that note, so long as you still like this pairing, I don't see why you need to rush yourself and make promises to update stories (it's still a good thing to set down deadline goals). And if the lack of motivation or interest is partially due to lack of reader responds, then I think it's all the more reason to go at your own pace, no pressure, no self-force, and only write when you truly enjoy it. I'm rambling lol

Take care!

Logged Logged

Spyair Forever! MAKOHARU is my OTP! GINTAMA FOR LIFE!
sara12
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Saying Goodbye... 8 Years ago Karma: 0
I'm so sad that you won't be writing anymore stories here. I wish you all the best and when your book gets published I would definitely love to read it!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.