Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
An interesting *free* program for writers & betas
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 2
TOPIC: An interesting *free* program for writers & betas
The Hatter Theory
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
An interesting *free* program for writers & betas 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
Found a free program via LitReactor that checks for cliches and overused phrases, monitored words etc. It's not a word processor, it's for editing and it's a bit of a cheat, but it can save the work externally. It is PC only though.

This is the link to the website that tells more about it.
Smart Edit

And to the LitReactor article in case you want a review on it.
LitReactor Article

Logged Logged

I need something that will give me the stamina of a young werewolf, the vision of a shaman, the thoughts of a serial killer, and the gentleness of a hungry vampire bat.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Tokahlia
Pup
graphgraph
Re:An interesting *free* program for writers & betas 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 4
This program is awesome. I'm using it now and... woah. It has a bit at the bottom that monitors the use of words like their vs there, etc. I am falling in love.

Though the company's name did have me pause during installation. Did they have to call themselves Bad Wolf? Almost gave me a heart attack. And if no one gets this reference I will be sad.

But yes, this look awesome already and I've only had it open for around 2 mins. Thanks for the recommendation.

Logged Logged

I should probably get a signature.

thesesskagrevivalproject
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:An interesting *free* program for writers & betas 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 7
I got the reference; and I almost screamed. LOL

This is interesting; but I'm not quite understanding what to do with the results of the scan. LOL

Logged Logged

thesesskagrevivalproject.tumblr.com

JOIN THE DISCORD, YA KNOW YOU WANNA

BETA FOR HIRE: will read anything, but loves slowburn, fluff and naughty. HIRE MEEE!!
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:An interesting *free* program for writers & betas 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 29
Well as long s there isn't a "little blue box" for their branding, then my HEARTS can stop pounding.

Logged Logged
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:An interesting *free* program for writers & betas 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 46
Thank you so much for recommending this wonderful program

Logged Logged

Jade R. Rayne
Pup
graphgraph
Re:An interesting *free* program for writers & betas 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 3
Ohh!! Thank you so much for this!!

I was about to make a thread asking for help on how to improve, but I'm glad I came across this thread first!

I keep getting reviews saying I need help with my grammar... but it's really hard to hear that sort of news. I speak Korean fluently, and sentence structure wise, it resembles nothing like English. I write my stories sort of inspired by Korean dramas, and it is my first language... I know it's a stupid excuse, but it's just so darn difficult when I try so hard to write it 'right' and it turns out wrong still.

Anywhoo, I know it doesn't help with my grammar but I hope it'll show me that I can use other phrases, or at least make me re-read what I wrote several more times...

Thank you!

Logged Logged
Camille
Pup
graphgraph
Re:An interesting *free* program for writers & betas 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
I wanted to try this, since I can not find a Bata , but I have windows 8 and everything it says I need but it will not download. I mean it's 70$US for it and I don't know if I want to buy it since I do not know how good it is. Any tips on how to try this free ?.

Logged Logged
~krazy4fluffy~
Pup
graphgraph
Re:An interesting *free* program for writers & betas 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 4
Camille wrote:
I wanted to try this, since I can not find a Bata , but I have windows 8 and everything it says I need but it will not download. I mean it's 70$US for it and I don't know if I want to buy it since I do not know how good it is. Any tips on how to try this free ?.

www.smart-edit.com/download.html

Scroll down. You'll see a free version of it.

Good luck!

Logged Logged

The most beautiful souls are those which can be bared with love.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.