Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Online Grammar Checker
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Online Grammar Checker
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Online Grammar Checker 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 57
There is one website that does an OK grammar check of your writing. You just need to copy and paste the text into the text-box and off you go.

Note that it's an OK grammar checker. It's not perfect. The checker on this site only uses US English, not UK, so if you use non-US Eng like I do when I write, you're spellings of certain words with come up wrong or not listed in its dictionary.

Also, don't rely on the site or its grammar checker, either, to proofread.

It does some weird stuff to certain words, especially when it suggests a replacement. It can and will mangle perfectly intelligible sentences.

If anything, just use it as a safety net to double check grammar after you've proof-read and or had a beta go through it.

The limit for text in this grammar checker is 1500 words too.

So it's really not useful for full-blown 5000+ word chapters, unless you break them down into sizeable chunks.

Site is here: Online Grammar Checker

Again, don't rely on online grammar checkers to do what you should be doing yourself or getting a beta to do.

Use it as a writing tool, not as a last-ditch effort to avoid proofing at all.

The online grammar checkers aren't perfect, not by a long shot, and are about as useful as a spellchecker in Word.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/08/21 16:39 By Pyre.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Evellin
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Online Grammar Checker 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 6
-This site is decent too. Far from perfect, but a useful tool none the less. This editor really checks for sentence structure/length. Just copy n' paste!

www.hemingwayapp.com/

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Online Grammar Checker 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 57
Evellin wrote:
-This site is decent too. Far from perfect, but a useful tool none the less. This editor really checks for sentence structure/length. Just copy n' paste!

www.hemingwayapp.com/

Thanks Evellin!

That Hemingway site is great!

I really like it!

I pasted in some text from a couple of my own fics and LOL, it told me that I use too many adverbs!

Hilarious!

I didn't even know!

XD!

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Scar-bby
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Online Grammar Checker 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 12
This is kind of late, but I just found a grammar check site that actually gives you alternative sentences.

Its called Ginger software , ( www.gingersoftware.com/grammarcheck#.Vek4hPlViko)

I need to check something that I know word didn't catch, it was pretty niffty. You do not have to download the program if you do not want too, there should be a place for you to cut and paste and check your sentences.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.