Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Your Top Favourite Tear-Jerker Fanfics?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom Favoured: 3
TOPIC: Your Top Favourite Tear-Jerker Fanfics?
SHORTFRY
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Your Top Favourite Tear-Jerker Fanfics? 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 16
So I have the emotions of a drywall at work, and end up indulging in angsty, tear-jearking fanfics in my downtime to counter-balance

I'm not sure if this topic already exists, I remember a similar topic but I can't seem to find it again. If this is a repost please let me know where the original thread is

Anyways, I'm on the hunt for your top favourite completed chapter stories and one-shots that will guarantee to make you cry...

Here are mine, and though I've been reading this fandom for ages, nothing seems to top HotM in terms of tear-jerking abilities

Chapter Story:
Tales from the House of the Moon by Resmiranda (MA)

Kagome, now in college, discovers the tale of Sesshomaru and Rin. Grief can be a prison, but the bonds of love are not easily broken. What is the truth behind fairytales?
www.dokuga.com/spark/story/244/1

One-Shot:
Flowers on the Moon by Trouble_In_Shangri_la (T)

It seemed impossible that a flower could survive there, but somehow this one did.
www.dokuga.com/spark/story/2210/1

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Your Top Favourite Tear-Jerker Fanfics? 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 171
Here are some from my favorites list.

Second Chance by Striking Falcon
Sesshoumaru, Lord of the Western Lands, is betrothed to a miko with a dark side. When Sesshoumaru declares in front of the wedding party that he doesn’t love the miko, she curses him. Fast forward to 2003, when Kagome is driving home from work. She accidentally runs over a pure white dog with golden eyes. She names him Chance, after being given another chance at life. Will ‘Chance’ finally get the life that was taken away from him in hatred? *Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi*
Rating: MA, Universe: Alternate, Status: Complete, Category: Chapter Stories, Chapters: 40

Embrace the Silence by Trouble_In_Shangri_la
Silence is the voice of time, it speaks to you in a language without words. You must listen in order to hear it. You must watch in order to see it. You must be still in order to feel it. And then you must understand it if you wish to embrace it. ***COMPLETE***
Rating: MA, Universe: Alternate, Status: Complete, Category: Chapter Stories, Chapters: 22

Fatherly Influence by I Agree
COMPLETE Set in the beginning of the series. The Inu no Taishou gives one last gift to his sons through the poor unsuspecting Kagome. I Do Not Own Inuyasha.
Rating: M, Universe: Canon, Status: Complete, Category: Oneshot Collections, Chapters: 125

Keeping Faith by Caleesci
COMPLETE. (finally) She was an enigma of hope, a light in the dark. He was a pillar of strength, a rock in the chaos of life. Two souls brought together in a place of uncertain futures. A story about never giving up hope. For r0o's Holiday Challenge
Rating: T, Universe: Alternate, Status: Complete, Category: Chapter Stories, Chapters: 7

Logged Logged
Imooshi003
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Your Top Favourite Tear-Jerker Fanfics? 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 12
All these are completed, but there are so many incomplete angsty fanfiction out there.

Coming Home by Kjpanny Kjchristie17
Three years ago, Seshoumaru left Kagome at the alter, believing she cheated on him. When he learns of the tragic fate that has befallen Kagome, he rushes back to see her. Will he win her back or will she deny him his home and her heart?
Rated MA

The Pain of Losing Another by ShadyMinion
He left her broken and vulnerable. After four years they run into one another again, only it is he who wants her back. Unable to understand his love, she'll keep on running. How will he show her he loves her?
Rated MA

Fuyu Series by Kanna37
Fuyu, and Fuyu no Kokoro
Original one-shots that have been re-written and combined. Fuyu takes a look into Kagome's reflections on her life post-Naraku, and Fuyu no Kokoro brings Sesshoumaru into the picture.
Fuyu no Shimekiri
Third and final part to the Fuyu series, Sesshoumaru finally gets his chance with Kagome.
Both are rated MA

'Once I Was' by Koimiko
The bloodline of the sunset has always had a home in the Western Lands. A female of the bloodline has always been by the side of the Western Lord until now.
Rated MA

All of them are rated MA so no YIMs!

Carried Away by DN Silence
"I will sign the paper on one condition," she hesitated. "Will you do one last thing for me? Can you just carry me to bed the way you did on our wedding night?" she asked. And he nodded... Sometimes, it was the little and unnecessary things, such as cheesy stupid routines, that helps keeping a marriage together. But Sesshoumaru learned the lesson the hard way.
Rated T

ShadyMinion's fanfiction never fails to make me cry. I always need tissues on standby. And you can definitely see the pattern to all these stories. Hahaha... These are all fairly short. The longest being the third part to the Fuyu Series with 26 chapters.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/08/05 22:01 By Imooshi003. Reason: Added More
gildedglass
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Your Top Favourite Tear-Jerker Fanfics? 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 7
Definitely, definitely this!

Her Eyes, by bluekrishna.

Some time after Kagome is ripped out of the past after the final battle with Naraku, a mysterious package arrives on Sesshomaru's doorstep. What will investigating this new arrival lead to? Bit of angst, some touching moments.

This is a complete story, and while the summary isn't very disclosing on the story, it. Is. Amazing. I was looking for this story just a while ago and recently managed to find it.

It is fairly short, only 20-so chapters, so it won't be anything to slog through. All I can say is, give it a go!

Oh, and it is rated MA, so no YIMs!

Logged Logged
Natalia
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Your Top Favourite Tear-Jerker Fanfics? 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 66
Hm mine would be:
The gray bird by phenixblade rated MA
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2780/6

Matchmaker miko by catclass rate MA

Behind the curtain the amazing fic by miskatt - EDIT BY WICCAN, this story is rated MA, no YIMs!

My most favourite aren't finished unfortunately, it's shattered by kjpanni

www.fanfiction.net/s/7691152/1/Shattered MA as well,

And melancholy by alon

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/9947/1?author=1460

It would be rated MA as well so no YIMs!
So when I feel depressed these ones always make me she'd tears!
Sorry I am not onnthe computer to include all the links!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/08/06 11:51 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: insert rating
ponpiri
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Your Top Favourite Tear-Jerker Fanfics? 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 8
Bruh... I'm reading Keeping Faith and am perpetually weepy.
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/6588/1

The end of Absolution's Pursuit got to me. I think it's MA for the lemon
dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2737/1

I just read The Third Parties. Not really a tear jerker but a lot of angst. DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS!
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2752/1 - EDIT BY WICCAN, this story is rated M, NO YIMs!

Ukime no Sekisetsu is pretty angsty but not necessarily a tear-jerker unless loneliness makes you cry lol
dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/5582/1?author=7768 - EDIT BY WICCAN, this story is rated MA, NO YIMs!

I think all except for Keeping Faith are rated M

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/08/06 20:01 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: adjust ratings
SHORTFRY
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Your Top Favourite Tear-Jerker Fanfics? 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 16
I've read Embrace the Silence and it definitely made me cry!

I have the other ones you listed on my 'next to read' - thanks for the rec!

Logged Logged
SHORTFRY
Pup
graphgraph
Imooshi003 wrote:
All these are completed, but there are so many incomplete angsty fanfiction out there.

Coming Home by Kjpanny Kjchristie17
Three years ago, Seshoumaru left Kagome at the alter, believing she cheated on him. When he learns of the tragic fate that has befallen Kagome, he rushes back to see her. Will he win her back or will she deny him his home and her heart?
Rated MA

The Pain of Losing Another by ShadyMinion
He left her broken and vulnerable. After four years they run into one another again, only it is he who wants her back. Unable to understand his love, she'll keep on running. How will he show her he loves her?
Rated MA

Fuyu Series by Kanna37
Fuyu, and Fuyu no Kokoro
Original one-shots that have been re-written and combined. Fuyu takes a look into Kagome's reflections on her life post-Naraku, and Fuyu no Kokoro brings Sesshoumaru into the picture.
Fuyu no Shimekiri
Third and final part to the Fuyu series, Sesshoumaru finally gets his chance with Kagome.
Both are rated MA

'Once I Was' by Koimiko
The bloodline of the sunset has always had a home in the Western Lands. A female of the bloodline has always been by the side of the Western Lord until now.
Rated MA

All of them are rated MA so no YIMs!

Carried Away by DN Silence
"I will sign the paper on one condition," she hesitated. "Will you do one last thing for me? Can you just carry me to bed the way you did on our wedding night?" she asked. And he nodded... Sometimes, it was the little and unnecessary things, such as cheesy stupid routines, that helps keeping a marriage together. But Sesshoumaru learned the lesson the hard way.
Rated T

ShadyMinion's fanfiction never fails to make me cry. I always need tissues on standby. And you can definitely see the pattern to all these stories. Hahaha... These are all fairly short. The longest being the third part to the Fuyu Series with 26 chapters.

I've read the Fuyu series, I'll check out the other ones!

Logged Logged
SHORTFRY
Pup
graphgraph
Wow thanks everyone for the recommendations! Some of these I've never heard of so thanks for getting it on my radar

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Your Top Favourite Tear-Jerker Fanfics? 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 76
Shameless Self Promotion

I've been told my lots of people that my story His Will (rated MA) made them cry, and was super emotional.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Your Top Favourite Tear-Jerker Fanfics? 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 38
Get that self-promo in there! I don't remember the last fic that made me emotional so I'm excited for all these suggestions!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.