Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom Favoured: 4
TOPIC: Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!!
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 216
Incredibly Early Seasons Greetings!

Welcome to the "Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge!"

It's currently 3:52 EST, on Aug. 13, 2011, I was down stairs thinking that it's my day off and I really feel like writing, as well as drawing, but I wasn't sure what. Somehow my brain went to a Holiday plunnie that I thought up now about 3 years ago. The first holiday season that passed I just didn't have the time to sit down and write it out, the second I have no idea what happened, I kept thinking I'd have time and then it was over and the fic wasn't even started. I don't want to let that happen again so I'm making this challenge to help me and anyone that really wants to participate!

So, the deal:
- Must be SK related, how ever you see fit.

- Must be rated properly, if you have smut or gore in there or cursing, it bettah be rated M or MA accordingly.

- Must be for full fictions, something along the lines of 8+ full (*lengthy) chapters, or 20k+ word counts.I know it's a lot but I'm not starting this early for small fics. Those usually get completed with ease during the season. Larger fics take time, months and sometimes years to complete. That's why I'm making this challenge, to help those who want to really participate finish the fic they start.

- Not allowing Drabbles to participate. You may be asking wth, but think about it this way, if I'm bringing this up, some ... 4-5 early for the season and you want to put up drabbles? Something that usually takes 30 minutes to an hour to make, it'd be a waste of time to participate with a drabble fic. So I'm not allowing them in this challenge. It's just not happening.

- There will be banners. 4 or 5 in total. I'm going to make art work for the holidays, and I'm going to cut it into 4ths, so that the full image is revealed as you gain them. So there will be a:

"just started" banner, which will be the 1/4, then a
"got a good bit into it" which will be the 2/4, then a
"0o0o0o knee deep but getting towards the end/climax" which will be the 3/4, and finally the
"I'm finished! yEy!" which will be the 4/4.

I might even make another participation banner for those that complete before the holiday season, so that they can just post from Dec. 1 - Jan 1 without having to worry about 'Will I make it in time for the holiday!?!?'

*That is the over all goal. To get the fic done before life gets so busy that you don't have time to finish what you got started.

- LASTLY, NO POSTING UNTIL NOV 15th! - adding Thanksgiving time frame in there if it spans that long.

PS. I won't be holding you to complete if you start. I think we're all adult enough to accept our own disappointment at not finishing a fic in time, so that being said, you'll have to police yourself. But I DO say that you shouldn't participate in this challenge if you don't really fully expect yourself to finish it out. Either way have fun with this, and i hope to see a few wonderfully completed holiday fics this season.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Caleesci
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 9
This sounds wicked fun! I must break out the xmas music early to get in the mood

Logged Logged

I claimed the Shikon no Tama in the Dokuga Claim Game
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 24
Sounds great, r0o! I'll be looking forward to it! =)

Logged Logged

Lady Lyris
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2
Sounds cool. I'm going to have to get into the Christmas mood early this year though. Shouldn't be too hard.

Logged Logged
Ejunkie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3
...I have an old plunny that I started, but never completed for the holiday season. I've been working on finishing them, but I haven't gotten around to it yet... I'll see if I can get it up and running for this. xD After I finish my GM piece. *u*

Logged Logged

Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 22
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o! This looks like fun! Count me in.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 216
remember the point is that you start now so your not rushed into trying to do something all in one packed month of time frame, and that you have the time to write something longer then 7k or 3 chapters.

I really just wanted to motivate not only myself but others to start and finish those larger Xmas plunnies. and yeah i know a tad early to do it, since back to school is just happening, but better now then in 2 months.

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
criticat
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 10
Oh so many romantically-fluffy plunnies emerging at the sound of the word xmas ^^. It's good that there is a strict min word limit and a deadline.
The things that I did finish were always the ones with a deadline.

Logged Logged
1CarinoInu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 9
I am seriously considering this as a challenge for myself. Now the question is what am I going to write! Well, there is plenty of time to plot the plan of attack.

Thanks for the challenge rOo!

Logged Logged
Riku Ryuu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 19
To those of us who have done Nano Wrimo, this will be a fun challenge. At least it isn't 50,000 words!

Logged Logged

Cause I need all the help I can get
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 216
-nods- Like i said i really just want to help anyone thinking of making that holiday fic, that never gets finished, finishable for the season.
*u* I'm starting mine today i think. 3 year old plunnie is finally gunna get some lovens.

here's some of the Xmas music i have if anyone needs inspiration:

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/09/03 17:23 By sugar0o.

On HHr Shipping
Azuka
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
Count me in! I love doing the Christmas settings!

Logged Logged

Synyster Star
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 10
Well isn't this interesting

Logged Logged

banner made by me! Art was commissioned by me and done by Electrikfeather on deviantart.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 216
Indeed it is! I just wanted to remind folks that they can start posting their Xmas fics if you've gotten to that point. Like i said before though this isn't a challenge to enter if you don't think you can make it. and it's more of a personal challenge to get your work out rather then letting that Xmas plunnie go one more year, or leaving you to finish some time in March.

So I'm going to be working on the art for the banners for this :3 I dunno how many I'll be making but I'll be posting the first this week sometime! <3 r0o

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
Inkasha Taisho
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 7
I think I really need this push, I miss writing but haven't had a good challenge to push me. I like this goal and I've always wanted to try my hand at something like this!!!

Logged Logged

Caleesci
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Completing your Holiday Fic!: a Challenge!! 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 9
Hello everyone, here is the first (and the second as I just updated with chapter 2!) part of my holiday fic which I PINKY swear will be finished by christmas

Keeping Faith by Caleesci
She was an enigma of hope, a light in the dark. He was a pillar of strength, a rock in the chaos of life. Two souls brought together in a place of uncertain futures. A story about never giving up hope. For r0o's Holiday Challenge.
Rated T

Caleesci

***EDIT*** FOUR CHAPTERS. I am on a roll 20k words is already hit and exceeded. Hope you all enjoy!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/11/29 11:59 By CaleesciK.

I claimed the Shikon no Tama in the Dokuga Claim Game
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.