Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Naraku makes Inuyasha choose, so Sess saves Kagome
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Naraku makes Inuyasha choose, so Sess saves Kagome
Kelly
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Naraku makes Inuyasha choose, so Sess saves Kagome 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
Not much to go on, but I've been trying to find this fic for months. Naraku holds Kagome and Kikyou over a cliff and makes Inuyasha choose which one to save. Kagome knows that Kikyou is not really Naraku's captive and that she's working with him. Inuyasha picks Kikyou and Naraku lets Kagome fall, but Sesshoumaru swoops in and catches Kagome. I know there are other fics where Inuyasha chooses to save Kikyou, but this is the only one I remember where Sesshoumaru catches Kagome as she's falling to her death. I don't think any of the others are around when Inuyasha makes his choice, and I don't think Inuyasha knew Sesshoumaru was there or that he saved Kagome.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ikaru
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Naraku makes Inuyasha choose, so Sess saves Kagome 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 21
So this one is close in the interactions about choosing. Though no cliff is involved. The oneshot by Kanna37 At Least One Person , rated M on Dokuga.

EDIT BY WICCAN: Actually, given the use of the f-word, this story is going to be rated MA on our site. Either way, NO YIMs!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/01/22 10:48 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: adjust rating

the snow covers the world in a blanket of white, making it pure once more...

Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Naraku makes Inuyasha choose, so Sess saves Kagome 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 171
This sounds vaguely familiar. Do you remember anything else about what was happening in the story? Was it a long multiple chapter story or a short story? Was it complete? Do you recall where you read the story, was it this site?

Logged Logged
TheFallenAngel
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Naraku makes Inuyasha choose, so Sess saves Kagome 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 8
www.fanfiction.net/s/8205986/1/The-Protector

Rated M no YIMS!

EDIT BY WICCAN: This story would be rated MA on Dokuga. FF.net's ratings can't be trusted for here. Still no YIMs!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/01/21 19:47 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: adjust rating

Kelly
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Naraku makes Inuyasha choose, so Sess saves Kagome 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
No, that's not the story I was looking for, although I love Kanna37's stories. Thanks for mentioning this one!

Logged Logged
Kelly
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Naraku makes Inuyasha choose, so Sess saves Kagome 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
Hmmm. I've been trying to remember more, but I may be mixing this up with another story. Since Kagome knew Kikyou wasn't really in danger from Naraku, she may have seen them together or overheard them talking.

It was a multi-chapter story, and I think it was complete.

Logged Logged
Kelly
Pup
graphgraph
TheFallenAngel wrote:
www.fanfiction.net/s/8205986/1/The-Protector

Rated M no YIMS!

EDIT BY WICCAN: This story would be rated MA on Dokuga. FF.net's ratings can't be trusted for here. Still no YIMs!

Thanks for the tip on this one, but it isn't the story I was thinking about. I didn't realize there was another story where Sesshoumaru actually catches her as she's falling off a cliff like that. In the one I'm looking for, Naraku actually deliberately drops her instead of knocking her over. I think he was squeezing her so she had trouble breathing and that's why she didn't tell Inuyasha that Kikyou didn't need saving.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Naraku makes Inuyasha choose, so Sess saves Kagome 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 277
Darn it, I KNOW this story. I've read it... I don't know how many times... but darned if I can remember it. *sigh*

And you're right, Naraku deliberately holds Kagome over the cliff, and Kagome gives up knowing that InuYasha will rescue Kikyo instead of her.

After work tonight, I'll go through my faves and see if I marked it.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Shelaughed
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Naraku makes Inuyasha choose, so Sess saves Kagome 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 9
It sounds like ForgetMeNot by Youkai Yume. I think it's rated NC-17 on Spark and there might be an M rated version on ff.net but I'm not really sure.

Logged Logged
Kelly
Pup
graphgraph
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
Darn it, I KNOW this story. I've read it... I don't know how many times... but darned if I can remember it. *sigh*

And you're right, Naraku deliberately holds Kagome over the cliff, and Kagome gives up knowing that InuYasha will rescue Kikyo instead of her.

After work tonight, I'll go through my faves and see if I marked it.

~~Wiccan~~

Thank you so much! I know I should have put it in my faves, but I just can't seem to find it. The story summary must be completely different from the scene I keep thinking about.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Naraku makes Inuyasha choose, so Sess saves Kagome 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 277
Kelly wrote:

Thank you so much! I know I should have put it in my faves, but I just can't seem to find it. The story summary must be completely different from the scene I keep thinking about.

Shelaughed, above, was absolutely right, and so are you! I read through it again, as I didn't remember it being this story, but it IS!!

ForgetMeNot by Youkai Yume, which can be found here: http://www.dokuga.com/spark/story/29/1, and is rated MA, NO YIMs!!

Enjoy!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Kelly
Pup
graphgraph
Shelaughed wrote:
It sounds like ForgetMeNot by Youkai Yume. I think it's rated NC-17 on Spark and there might be an M rated version on ff.net but I'm not really sure.

Yes! That's it! Thank you SO much! No wonder I couldn't find it--the story summary mentions a wounded Sesshoumaru under Kagome's care. I really should have remembered it because the version posted on ff is not complete and I finished reading it on mediaminer, which kept making my computer crash every couple of chapters.

Thanks so much to all of you!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.