Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Looking for a fic...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Looking for a fic...
LadyGoshawk
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Looking for a fic... 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 11
...I'm pretty sure is fairly old, but I can't for the life of me recall whether it was a standalone, a one-shot, or part of a collection. Avi's new art here reminded me of it, and I've looked high and low but cannot find it.

What I can recall is fairly sparse, too. The Well either didn't reopen or Kagome did not choose to go back, but then she found a stone dog statue that seemed somehow familiar. I believe it was brought back to the shrine for some reason (cleaning and preservation at Grandpa's behest to boost the reputation of the shrine?), but I'm not positive of that. Either way, it ended up that she was called or driven to the statue and chipped a piece away, at which point the curse/spell was lifted and Sesshoumaru was revealed to have been sleeping or sealed into the statue. I think there was some backstory that local villagers had been worshipping or otherwise bringing offerings to the statue, too, over a long period of its existence.

I'd really appreciate it if someone happens to know what I'm babbling about and can point me to it!

Thank you!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Looking for a fic... 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 56
There is one and I can't remember the name for the life of me, where he is cursed into a statue but Still is aware of what is happening around him. Kagome finds him in a museum storage room, breaks the curse and has to sneak him out the back door with her mom's help. They go back to the past because he knows who cursed him and at one point they dig up him as a statue and leave it by a road and some human lord takes statue him.
It was a good read. Wish I could remember the name.

Logged Logged

KouseiJL
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for a fic... 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 17
I remember both of these!

The first one, did she find the dog statue at a dig site in the mountains? I also think he had the ball/bead/jewel in his mouth and I thought that's what she removed.

I'm still looking for this one... I probably have it saved somewhere...

Could the second one be:

Unsung Silence
By: Draconic Ban-Sidhe
A year after the Shikon was restored, she's stuck at home. Kagome wants nothing but to return to the past... until the past comes looking for her, in a most unexpected way. Can Sesshoumaru and Kagome help each other out.... or not? SxK
Rated T on Fanfiction.net

Hope this helps!!

Logged Logged
LadyGoshawk
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for a fic... 5 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 11
Kousei, yes, I believe the dog statue was located somewhere in the mountains when she first found it. I don't know if it was a dig site, exactly, but it could have been. I can't...seem to remember whether there was something in his mouth or not, but it's sort of pinging in the back of my brainmeats that there was. It seems like the statue was brought to the Higurashi Shrine for cleaning, because Grandpa was trying to prove the Shrine had historical significance? I think?

Thanks, everyone, for helping with this search! It's been driving me crazy!

Logged Logged
RebaJean
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for a fic... 5 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 16
One that is like this description, Sesshoumaru is a statue in a museum anyway, is The Unknown Warrior by Rinseternalsoul in the Spark section.

EDIT BY WICCAN: "The Unknown Warrior" by Rinseternalsoul can be found here: http://www.dokuga.com/spark/story/1550/1 - this story is rated NC-17, or MA on our site, NO YIMs!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/02/03 08:45 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: inserted rated required by RULES!
Midnight7
Pup
graphgraph
Could it possibly be this one??

Gargoyle by OrangeKisses
Kagome's life went to hell in a hand basket when her grandfather brought home a sixty foot tall dog statue with a curse behind it. She knew she shouldn't have come home for Spring Break! Sess/Kag One-shot Rated K+

m.fanfiction.net/s/4845222/1/Gargoyle

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/02/04 01:48 By midnight7darkness.
LadyGoshawk
Pup
graphgraph
Brittany's gotten the closest thus far, but I could have sworn there was much more to the story than was in "Gargoyle". I really thought it was at least a few chapters long, but my terrible memory is not helping me much beyond what I've already put into and then added to this post.

RebaJean, I hadn't read "Unknown Warrior", but I'm giving it a read-through now!

Thanks everyone for trying to help me with this. It's killing me I can't find or remember more about this story! I'm really starting to fear it's been taken down, but am trying to keep up the hope that it's out there somewhere!

Logged Logged
Midnight7
Pup
graphgraph
There were other one shots that went with Gargoyle. I'm not sure what happened too them as I can't seem to find them, but I'll continue to look for you. Hopefully we can find your story soon.

Logged Logged
Midnight7
Pup
graphgraph
KouseiJL wrote:
I remember both of these!

The first one, did she find the dog statue at a dig site in the mountains? I also think he had the ball/bead/jewel in his mouth and I thought that's what she removed.

I'm still looking for this one... I probably have it saved somewhere...

Could the second one be:

Unsung Silence
By: Draconic Ban-Sidhe
A year after the Shikon was restored, she's stuck at home. Kagome wants nothing but to return to the past... until the past comes looking for her, in a most unexpected way. Can Sesshoumaru and Kagome help each other out.... or not? SxK
Rated T on Fanfiction.net

Hope this helps!!

m.fanfiction.net/s/3014212/4/Unsung-Silence

Logged Logged
Faith
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for a fic... 5 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 13
I believe you are looking for "Waking the Dead" by Tally Mark (rated M on FF, not sure what that corresponds to here, but I don't recall any violence or sex in it).
It's unfortunately unfinished. T.T

m.fanfiction.net/s/3040384/1/Waking-the-Dead

EDIT BY WICCAN: The problem with this story is the use of the f-word, which brings it to an MA rating on our site. NO YIMs!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/02/07 12:13 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: adjust rating
LadyGoshawk
Pup
graphgraph
YES! Yes, yes, and yes, Faith, that's the one I remember!! Thank you so very much for finding it!! I'm sad it's not finished, but I live in hope, and now I have it bookmarked!!

Logged Logged
Faith
Pup
graphgraph
@Lady Goshawk, I only recently stumbled on Tally Mark's work and just devoured everything they've posted, unfinished or not. I really hope some day they return to some of their unfinished fics because they're brilliant.

@Wiccan, thanks for the edit of my previous comment. I hadn't realized the f-word usage upped the rating on Dokuga, I'll remember for future comments

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Looking for a fic... 5 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 277
Faith wrote:

@Wiccan, thanks for the edit of my previous comment. I hadn't realized the f-word usage upped the rating on Dokuga, I'll remember for future comments

Please read our tutorial on ratings... it's very informative, if I may say so myself, lol! You can find it here:

http://www.dokuga.com/forum/34-authors-tools/51603-dokuga-authors-tutorial-ratings#51603

Also, please give our rules a look-see. We're small, we're a little picky, and we try to enforce the rules so that everyone is on the same page. Thank you for your time and participation here!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Faith
Pup
graphgraph
Will do, thanks for posting the info.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.