Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I need some help with writeing
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I need some help with writeing
wolf89
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:I need some help with writeing 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Im just glad that I graduated from school how I passes any of my english classes I have no clue but I really love everyones help. But how do I find a beta? None of my friends are on here. I just want somone to read what I write and give me there honest oppion on wat I need to do or help me with it would be fantastick.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
wolf89
Pup
graphgraph
I need some help with writeing 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I love writeing sesshy and kag storys but I can never make them rurn out interesting ive never been very good witj writeing storys for school.but if anyone would like to give me some advice or become my.beta id really adpreciate it

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:I need some help with writeing 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 216
i say, write what you'd like to read!

Tired of Kagome finding inuyasha and kikyo in the middle of something only to run off and meet Sess in tears. Well write what you'd wish she'd do. Sometimes though they may be OOC, those kinda fics can be awesome b/c it's not always something anyone else has done.

at least that's my 2 cents worth

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Kairou Watoshimi
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I need some help with writeing 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 19
I recommend beginning with drabbles. Maybe interconnected or just stand-alones. Either way, some drabbles can turn into huge ideas. That and read a lot of stories. Not just SessKag. I get my inspiration for most of my (unpublished) stories everywhere.

Logged Logged
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I need some help with writeing 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 14
You've already got some great suggestions, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in!

1) Write for you! If you write because you enjoy it and not for the sake of getting reviews or making others happy then you will find yourself with the motivation to keep going! All too often we see a lot of writers who start off hoping for tons of reviews and then feel such disappointment that they cannot keep writing. Reviews and making others happy is just a perk!
2) I think it's great that you are actively asking what you can do to improve your writing. Don't stop asking questions. Ask other writers what they have done, ask for opinions and constructive criticism when you can get it.
3) Get a good beta. Your best friend may be a nice person but they might not be great at being a beta. A good beta will understand grammar, of course, and the basics of composing a good plot line - but what really sets the okay beta from the really good ones, in my opinion, are the ones who aren't afraid to look it up if they don't know. My beta does this all the time, even if she just has a hint of doubt, to assure that she is giving the most valuable information she can.
That aside, you also need someone who is compatible with you. If you frequently have ideas for plots that are less than mainstream (Like me, who writes a lot of horror and smut.) you will need a beta who is comfortable with those subjects. You'll also need a beta that has the ability to keep up with you, finding one who has a schedule that can work with yours is best for both of you.
4) On opinions from readers, fellow writers, and your beta: Don't take things too personally. You write for yourself, remember? Take everything with a grain of salt and try to see the constructive way you can use it for your improvement. It will help you grow as a writer.
5) Write frequently. As frequently as you can. The more you write and work towards improving your writing the better you'll become. Even if you don't feel like writing (and some days you won't!) write a little something.
6) This is the most important thing... above all else... have fun!

Logged Logged
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:I need some help with writeing 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 34
I think everyone has given really good suggestions. I think that writing fanfiction can be a great help with school writing if you want that.

However if you want to make them interesting don't think about it that way. i can tell you that the stories i've written that most people find interesting i don't at least not when i was writing them i didn't.

Also try this: find a book or a movie or something with a plot you do like and use the basics of that to write a story. Not word for word or anything but the bare bones of it like this: boy has disagreement with father and decides never to speak to him again. Girl becomes friends with family after boy leaves. Boy returns and meets girl. etc.

Also if you want something to help check out the challenge section in the forums they always have somethign that could jump start a plunneh for you.
And like Zan said. HAVE FUN WRITING

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
wolf89
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I need some help with writeing 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
To tell the truth I dnt know how to write a drabble or snipits ur propbably right about the fact that id do.better with those first

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.