Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I would like to Beta Read for you
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I would like to Beta Read for you
DNogitsune
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I would like to Beta Read for you 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi All.

I am DNogitsune. DN for short.

I have been an avid reader of fanfics for... years. Heck, I am not even sure when I started. I have even written some (under a different name). Reading fanfics is my stress-reliever and my time to relax.

I was an English Teacher overseas for 10 years until I decided to change my job.

I want to become a Beta reader. I have seen multiple fics, where it had a fantastic premise that was interesting BUT, it wasn't readable, hard to read because of sentence structure. Or repeatedly using the homonyms or homographs that change the sentence's meaning, probably not the one the author intended (easily missed because they were spelled correctly but weren't caught). I had to stop reading them because it stressed me out a bit, and I couldn't make sense of it even though I wanted to continue.

I taught ESL to kindy - middle and University students in South Korea. A majority of the students knew next to no English to very little outside a normal greeting. If I could get through and decipher their writings, I should easily get through anything.

It wouldn't take me long either, since I am used to doing it because as a teacher, I had to read thru my student's stories and essays all the time for a class of 12-20+ students. I have it down to a science.

I'm a writer, too, and I write fanfics once I get the idea straight in my head. I also have a beta reader because I am aware I auto-correct in my head and don't see the errors. I haven't written for this site... yet.

I hope this post doesn't come off as rude. That is not my intention. English was my 2nd language (1st was German, but it has faded from lack of use). English is the main language I speak now, but sometimes my mind does revert to other languages I used to know and faded from lack of use.

It is the reason why I have a very straightforward way of speaking/typing.

I love this site and the writers on it. I am just offering my services to have more to read and send the links to my friends.

...this wasn't supposed to be this long.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I would like to Beta Read for you 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 18
I have two fics I would love a beta reader check even a fan art made..erm I dont know how it works but i know theres spelling errors my laptop just for fixed and I'm a front line in nursing so haven't had the time with covid and all.. heck I'm on night shift now with sleeping patients typing as we speak lol feel free

Logged Logged
DNogitsune
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I would like to Beta Read for you 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Sure. Send them to me in a google doc link where I can edit or an instant message, and I can have them back to you in a couple of hours at the most as soon as I see them.

Logged Logged
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I would like to Beta Read for you 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 18
Well this sucks lol I typed these years ago on my phone deleted then reuploaded this year I dont have anything saved I'll have to copy and paste or I dont know if giving access to ones account is allowed on here.. in any event I dont mind

Logged Logged
DNogitsune
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I would like to Beta Read for you 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
If it is already uploaded, you can send me the link, and I can copy and paste it then edit it. After I am done, I can send it back to you.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:I would like to Beta Read for you 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 277
Joo777-. wrote:
Well this sucks lol I typed these years ago on my phone deleted then reuploaded this year I dont have anything saved I'll have to copy and paste or I dont know if giving access to ones account is allowed on here.. in any event I dont mind

You need to communicate via Private Message after you make contact, that way we don't have a beta post with a whole lot of responses from just two people.

And I would caution against allowing others to have access to your account here unless you really trust that person. I have had the privilege of beta reading for several people in the past (when I was a stay-at-home mom) and it IS easier to do things that way, but it can lead to a lot of problems as well.

Just a bit of advice!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Kyo
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I would like to Beta Read for you 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 16
I'll just leave this person's own thread looking for beta reader here just in case they'll be online and still want your help later on.

www.dokuga.com/forum/6-general-discussion/119578-entente-beta-readers-or-co-author#119578

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.