Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Beta Needed
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Beta Needed
l'-'jj
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Beta Needed 8 Years ago Karma: 6
Hi!

I wonder if I could be of assistance? I have no amazing credentials. I have no fics to my name. Neither am I a native English speaker.

But I have been reading fanfiction in that language for over a decade and have been stalking dokuga for half that time.

And I do think that this helped me in gaining a great grasp on English vocabulary and spelling and my grammar is not too shabby either.

And I might have been living and speaking in England for the past three years.

So I thought that taking up a job of a beta would give me something to challenge myself. If you'll have me, of course.

Btw, the correct spelling is consistency, not consistancy. I assume you just hit the wrong key on the keyboard. Or you are deliberately trying to weed out the bad candidates...

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Beta Needed 8 Years ago Karma: 56
So I have a story that's about 85-90% complete. I'm trying to finish it, but I think I need to give in and hope that someone can help me smack some motivation into my plunnie for this last stretch.

Also, I need this person to check for spelling errors and consistancy. (I've magically changed some characters, so we need to be sure they stay changed throughout the story)

You will have to be able to read at Rated MA (for violence)

Please let me know if you can lend a hand.

Logged Logged

KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Beta Needed 8 Years ago Karma: 56
That would be great. I'll shoot you a PM within the next couple of days.

That wasn't a test. That was a result of feeling icky and taking good drugs, so I wasn't paying attention.

Logged Logged

ame_to_ai
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Beta Needed 8 Years ago Karma: 8
Hi,

Recently, I have completed my fic on FFN, in my native language of course. It will rate MA (for extreme violence) and it's called 'Black string of fate'. There is 22 chapter, but I also received criticism. I've been using grammar check online, but still, I think I need a beta.

It would be great if you're still willing to be a beta

Logged Logged
l'-'jj
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Beta Needed 8 Years ago Karma: 6
riran wrote:
Hi,

Recently, I have completed my fic on FFN, in my native language of course. It will rate MA (for extreme violence) and it's called 'Black string of fate'. There is 22 chapter, but I also received criticism. I've been using grammar check online, but still, I think I need a beta.

It would be great if you're still willing to be a beta

Eh, sorry but I think you completely confuse the thread. KEdakumi was looking for a beta and I kindly offered, not the other way around. You probably got confused because my post appeared on the top of the page? I have seen that sometimes happen on the forum, so you just have to keep in that the first post does not have the 'Re:' in the subject.
I am sorry but I can't beta for you - this is the first time I will be doing so and it is a way of challenging myself.
I do not think that taking up two fics at once would be great in that regard.

I would recommend that you start up your own thread. Or - since you fic is on ff.net, I do know that there are several beta-ing groups that offer their services. Or you could post an ad for a beta in an A/N in one of the chapters, one of your readers might be willing.
Criticism is not always a bad thing - it lets you know about mistakes you did not spot yourself, what to look out for the next time, where to improve. Unless it's just flames. Those suck.

Logged Logged
ame_to_ai
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Beta Needed 8 Years ago Karma: 8
I'm sorry, I didn't see 'Re:' I'm laughing at my own stupidity right now. Mistakes happened don't they?

It's okay, I understand that taking up two fics at once wouldn't be great. I decided to post an ad for a beta in an A/N in the first chapter. Yeah, I agree that criticism is not always a bad thing, I'd be glad if someone point out my mistakes, in good manners of course.

And I'm sorry for the late reply, but I really appreciate your advice, thank you very much

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.