Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Fixing Facebook Settings
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Fixing Facebook Settings
Sesshoumaru's Fiend
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fixing Facebook Settings 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
Really random question time...

Okay, so I'm not computer-stupid, but Facebook keeps changing on me and I don't like it.

Originally, I had my profile set to where everytime I posted on a friend's wall, the message I wrote didn't show up in the News Feed on the home page for everyone to read. Now that keeps happening, I don't like it, and I don't know how to make it stop.

Furthermore, I also had settings on my Wall where I would comment on a photo or post on a wall and I didn't have little messages popping up on my wall saying 'Sesshoumaru's Fiend posted on John Doe's Wall'.

I looked all of Facebook and in the Help section and it doesn't like look I can fix it. Soo...I'm turning to you guys.

Does anyone know - does these Wall settings still apply to the current Facebook, can any setting be changed to make this happen, and/or have they been 'changed out'?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lady Orrin
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fixing Facebook Settings 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 13
My facebook page does that too, but I havn't touched it in a month, anything important posted there goes to my phone. I am no facebook savy either, I thought thats just what it did. I might go play with it to see what setting are available, but Im interestd in seeing the answere to your question.

Logged Logged

When all else fails...read the directions.
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fixing Facebook Settings 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 14
I checked around and found this when checking my privacy settings.

Whether we display a story on your profile is now controlled by the privacy of the content itself, rather than an additional setting. For example, only people who can see both your Wall, and the Wall to which you posted would be able to see a story about you writing on a friend’s Wall. You cannot completely turn off recent activity stories anymore. However, if you want to remove a particular story that currently shows up, simply click the “Remove” button that appears to the right of the story after you move your mouse over it.

It looks like the only way you can get rid of those notifications is to delete them individually. What a pain. I hate new facebook.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/10 00:27 By Noacat.
Sesshoumaru's Fiend
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fixing Facebook Settings 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
Oh, me too. Thanks for the information. Looks like it's stuck like that. And I found out what is different: Facebook has now taken off the 'Newsfeed and Wall' Privacy setting. Dang it.

Again, thanks for the information!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.