Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
One of these things is not like the other...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: One of these things is not like the other...
SableHeart
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
One of these things is not like the other... 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
So, I noticed whilst watching Down the Rabbit Hole and Back Again that, while Yura is a full demon, her ears are rounded like those of a human. I think you only see the maybe twice, but I have yet to see another full yokai without pointed ears. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this an oversight in the animation department? It's silly, but it is seriously driving me nuts!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sesshomarusama33
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:One of these things is not like the other... 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 16
It's probably a slight with the animation team. In the manga, you NEVER see her ears. Her bob always covers it up. They must have just assumed she'd have rounded ears without considering the fact that she's a demon.

Logged Logged

Omyouji
Pup
graphgraph
Re:One of these things is not like the other... 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
Maybe because she's in her human form she has rounded ears? I wonder, do all demons have pointed ears by nature? I mean, I know all the animal ones / demons in their true forms have pointed ears of some types, but what about tsukumogami, the ones that are just household items possessed by a yokai spirit? Yura was just a comb, after all right? Perhaps they have rounded ears instead?

Weird but worth a think

Logged Logged

sesshomarusama33
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
I never thought of that, Omyouji. That's a good point! Omyouji wrote:
Maybe because she's in her human form she has rounded ears? I wonder, do all demons have pointed ears by nature? I mean, I know all the animal ones / demons in their true forms have pointed ears of some types, but what about tsukumogami, the ones that are just household items possessed by a yokai spirit? Yura was just a comb, after all right? Perhaps they have rounded ears instead?

Weird but worth a think

Logged Logged

SableHeart
Pup
graphgraph
Re:One of these things is not like the other... 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
sesshomarusama33 wrote:
It's probably a slight with the animation team. In the manga, you NEVER see her ears. Her bob always covers it up. They must have just assumed she'd have rounded ears without considering the fact that she's a demon.

I didn't remember seeing her ears in the manga, but I couldn't be sure. Google images was not helpful whatsoever. I figured it was just oversight, but my mind would not let it go.

Logged Logged
SableHeart
Pup
graphgraph
Omyouji wrote:

Weird but worth a think

That is definitely something to consider. I would have never thought about it that way! Thanks for the different point of view.

Logged Logged
sesshomarusama33
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Yeah, I had that that's what I remembered so I checked my volumes, and every scene with her had her ears covered with her hair. You never actually saw them. Yeah, sometimes google just ultimately fails.Lady wrote:
sesshomarusama33 wrote:

I didn't remember seeing her ears in the manga, but I couldn't be sure. Google images was not helpful whatsoever. I figured it was just oversight, but my mind would not let it go.

Logged Logged

Sammy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:One of these things is not like the other... 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hm...now that you mention it, I only just noticed too

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/12/04 06:12 By xxtaintedcv.
SableHeart
Pup
graphgraph
Sammy wrote:
Hm...now that you mention it, I only just noticed too

The thing that gets me the most is that I own the box set. I've seen each episode more times than I can remember. I pop in the first disc (wait...first? second...no, first...eh) and I notice it immediately. How did I never notice this before?!?

Logged Logged
l'-'jj
Pup
graphgraph
Re:One of these things is not like the other... 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
There is one frame in chapter nine where you can see one of Yura's ears. It's round.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.