Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Why?!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Why?!
Inkasha Taisho
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Why?! 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 7
There are some fantastic fanfictions out there. This is not one of them. I'm just so frustrated that some of greats are being passed over for what's popular. I'm glad that fanfiction authors are getting published and I'm sure this person worked hard, but I just feel that there are other who may have been more deserving. I don't know.

www.fuse.tv/2014/06/harry-styles-fanfic-book-deal?campaign=scl|fbk|fsc

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Why?! 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 60
I have to agree with you. While everyone has the right to write whatever they want however they want and post on any fanfiction site they prefer, I do not like to see great authors passed up for stories that are nothing but smut with almost to NO plot. Apparently, even in the literacy industry, intimacy cells and the more darker and experimental the action, the higher success.
In my personal opinion, Fifty Shades of Gray is the perfect example of a story that should have remained fanfiction and not given the publicity it has. >.> Though I'm not a huge fan of BDSM, I have read and don plenty of research on it to understand why people may lie this kink by reading them myself and getting peoples POV on the subject. And let me tell you, Fifty Shades of Gray doesn't even scratch the surface of BDSM. More ever, Christian Gray does not act like a dom and Ana's character is so far fetched it makes me roll my eyes. And this is only a FEW of the problems I have with this series.
That being said, I again say everyone has the right to write whatever they want and post on fanfiction as long as it follows the site rules; however, let's face it, publishers don't care so much for plot these days, just the lemons. *shrugs*

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Lace
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Why?! 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: -1
I am 90% sure it is being published because of the hype over One Direction. I personally can't stand their music- but when I was a kid I was obsessed with 'Nsync and Backstreet Boys, so I kinda get it.

Boy band love spreads like wildfire (anyone familiar with the kpop and jpop community? it's huge). I have no doubt that, regardless of content, their fans will probably buy it, and any other product they are affiliated with. Unfortunate for fanfiction writers that have a lot more substance to their stories.

If my favorite writers on this site ever got deals I would so buy copies to support them- some fanfiction I've read has been better than a lot of books I've read. (Hard to explain to people when they ask "What's your favorite book"? and I want to give them links to dokuga or ff.net )

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Why?! 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 57
I know. I've seen it with Bieber books and movies and soundtracks. The list goes on. I think it's more than likely marketing strategies aiming at specific target audiences i.e. in Bieber's case it's his fan-base.

For the rest of us we're left scratching our heads wondering what the hype is about.

You could say the same for Fifty Shades of Grey/Gray. It's not my cup of tea, but it obviously has a market or it wouldn't have been made into a book, or be being made into a film. Twilight was the same too, as was Trueblood.

I suppose for myself it's more about the quality of the source-material. I've read great published authors like Tolkien, and Stephen King, and great fanfiction authors like Tallymark, RosieB, and Forthright to name a handful. For me it's how deeply the author goes into their stories, how much they can draw you in, and how well they can make you just believe in their story, their characters, and the plot.

It's no good if you find plotholes big enough to fall through.

I've fallen through alot over the years, some of my own too.

I totally understand how frustrating it can be though. XD. Especially when you read an amazing story and it has so few reviews! I've just wanted to shove people over and point at the story and shout 'GREAT READ - GO HERE' which makes me feel like a conductor in an orchestra or a person with a great big green road sign trying to direct traffic XD.

It's great that our fellow Dokugans chip in though and share their favs. I've found some great Sess x Kag reads through those posts. XD.

~ Pyre

P.S: >.> Whoa that was a long postie! Woops! I wish I didn't waffle so much! XD! *munches on Sesshy-waffle*

Logged Logged
DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Why?! 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 12
Hoot.... I just totally had this conversation with my BFF this afternoon. I agree and support whatever you guys said earlier. So I want to talk about something else. Since the series After has lemony scenes some adult themes in it, and from what I read this morning, there's some reverse-harem going on, will the books be targeted towards the children, the teenagers and the young adults? Seriously, even my 13 y.o. cousin who used to be obsessed of 1D grew out of it already. I was so happy the day she commenced her withdrawal lol.

Another thing got me curious was the readers of this series. This Tumblr dedicated to the main couple has a lot of quotes, quotes that make me burn with embarrassment harrystylestessayoung.tumblr.com/

The fandom has some great digital manipulation on the fanarts, which makes me question their age. Okay, so... the children/elementary are probably not this good at incorporating things together. The Junior high kids can probably do some fancy editing using their smartphones. The tatoos though...

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/04 01:08 By DN Silence.

Spyair Forever! MAKOHARU is my OTP! GINTAMA FOR LIFE!
twistidcandi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Why?! 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 4
Ewwww One Direction.....

Just, I just cant.

Sorry if any of you like them it's just poo poo.

Logged Logged
twistidcandi
Pup
graphgraph
Not a single capitalized I either....tsk tsk.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Why?! 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 277
That would SOOOOO get a warning on this site, srsly. The founders of this site were both writers and detested seeing stories like this, so they insisted that stories posted here had to have minimum standards where it concerns grammar, punctuation, spelling and capitalization.

That said... "...slider her hand across her forehead...???"

Eyebleach, nao, plz????????

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/04 21:21 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Out in lala land, not accurately reproducing quotes!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

twistidcandi
Pup
graphgraph
Apparently that girl was really glowing....like literally. Did she fall in some radio active waste? Was she on fire?

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Why?! 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 57
twistidcandi wrote:
Apparently that girl was really glowing....like literally. Did she fall in some radio active waste? Was she on fire?

>.> I have no idea. My brain short-circuited after I read 'refelection'. *twitches*

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Why?! 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
This is ridiculous!! They have completely lost it. I absolutely cannot stand seeing this, which started with fifty shades... Sorry to anyone who liked it, but I thought it was god awful! ;
:gag:

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Why?! 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 12
I think the other one might have been re-quoted by some nine year old, with the caption, typos and all. But here, let me supply you with this.... I am glad she was moved by his words.

And no, she would have been fried and become popcorn chicken had she been bathed in radioactive waste. I suspect she drank fluorescence water. Either that or she hid glow stick underneath her clothes, and Harry could't see because he was on drugs lol.

Logged Logged

Spyair Forever! MAKOHARU is my OTP! GINTAMA FOR LIFE!
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Why?! 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Sad, sad world actually got a little...or maybe a lot sadder...than this. It would seem that two of the reality sisters, who don't even matter enough to me to look up how to spell their last name, have decided to insult us by becoming 'authors' of a 'novel' they 'co-wrote' together. I use the words in 's lightly; very, very lightly.

And yet real authors spend years trying to break out into publishing and all it took was for them to be on reality tv. *epic eye rolling may commence*

Edit: Just thought of a nice...sad...game. How many mistakes can you find??? I count 9 in the excerpt that DN posted.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/05 17:39 By Hairann.

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
twistidcandi
Pup
graphgraph
Dances at weddings? Watches you sleep??

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.