Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Second Annual Fanfiction Tournament
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom Favoured: 3
TOPIC: Second Annual Fanfiction Tournament
naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Second Annual Fanfiction Tournament 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 32
Title: Mommy Cupid
Partner: Ladybattousai
Prompt: Valentine's Day and a game-show obsessed Mama Higurashi
Universe: Canon
Genre: Angst, Drama, Romance
Rating: T
Word count: 3849
Link: Mommy Cupid

I'm posting my story first, as I have to start work, but please read Ladyb's story too, before you vote. ^_^

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/11/24 02:10 By naqaashi.

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Tangerine Dream
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Second Annual Fanfiction Tournament 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 8
Aish! I am a day late! AGAIN! Eeeeee I feel so guilty! But what can you do when you rely on someone's interwebs since you dun have yours?

On the upside I am here (a day late!) with the winners of the second to last round of the tourny! But I have something to say before the drums must be rolled. Lady B due to a heavy work load (school related and such if I remember correctly) wasn't able to continue with the tournament automatically advancing Naq. As sad as automatic advances are, and I wished Lady B wouldn't have gotten so many, this is life and I hope that next Tourny Lady B can rejoin and get all the competition she missed out on this one.

That said drum roll please,

Madison vs Synyster Star: Madison wins!

Congratulations between the two! It was an awesome battle between the two but as always there must be a victor.

Now comes the really dramtical stuff since we are at sixth and final round. This round vs Naq and Maddie will determine who will de-throne Shadow (last years champ) and just prove to be fun all around.

Today I will send out the prompts and then the deadline for writing will be Dec 28th and the voting will likely be extended b/c holidays don't leave time for voting or anything really at times. GOOD LUCK to you two and this has been a really great tourny filled with some epic masterpieces to go down in the record books (well if someone would give me one of those darn things)!

Logged Logged

Banner made by the splendiferous Sugar0o
naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Second Annual Fanfiction Tournament 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 32
Though I'm disappointed over the automatic advance , I'm pretty excited about going against you, Maddie! Congrats, and let's make this fun!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/12/08 16:26 By naqaashi.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Second Annual Fanfiction Tournament 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 29
Wow, this is so unexpected! Synyster star, I loved your story to death!

I never thought I'd make it this far. I am excited and terrified to go against you Naaq! Ahah! Congrats to you too!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/12/08 19:11 By xMaddiex.

Synyster Star
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Second Annual Fanfiction Tournament 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 10
Congrats to all! Good job guys!!! -applauds- To everyone good job!

I can't wait to read more tourny fics >]

Logged Logged

banner made by me! Art was commissioned by me and done by Electrikfeather on deviantart.
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Second Annual Fanfiction Tournament 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 29
Like two freaking minutes before the end... like usual.

Title: Figments
Prompt: Fact or Fiction
Rating: K+
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 4769
Opponent: Naqaashi
Link: Figments

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/12/29 03:02 By xMaddiex.

naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Second Annual Fanfiction Tournament 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 32
>_> Right at 11:58:58 p.m. I swear I set a new record for being last-minute. XD

Title: Fictionalisation
Prompt: Fact or Fiction
Rating: T
Universe: Canon (Post-canon)
Word Count: 2800
Opponent: Madison
Link: Fictionalisation

Logged Logged

Tangerine Dream
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Second Annual Fanfiction Tournament 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 8
Okay I am a bad host! I have once again missed the deadline! Sorry, sorry, sorry!

But good news as I have recorded all the votes and we have a winner of the Second Annual Fanfiction Challenge!

Naqaashi vs Madison, the winner is...

drum roll please

MADISON WINS!

It was a tough fight but that is the result. Both Naq and Maddie were marvelous and I know everyone had a tough time voting. But this is it. Congratulations to both Maddie and Naq as they are both amazing writers and personally I am glad I didn't have to vote because it would have been impossible to choose!

This was a amazing tournament filled with fantastic writers and I am so happy to have done this once more and hope everyone had lots of fun! Every round was so diverse and the writing all so versatile, I kinda wish everyone had won because I think that everyone who participated was just so great and well my vocabulary fails me right now to properly say how great everyone is.

I am sorry I was two days late in announcing this but I sorta forget the date >.> whoops!

Hopefully next tournament I will be more punctual and as a heads up I will most likely start the 3rd annual tournament late March or early April! Before I put a sign up thread and whatnot though I will put a little bump in this thread before hand. So watch for a new post in here late march early april as forewarning!

P.S. I know I owe banners, soon I will get on them so also watch the thread for banners if I owe them to you!

Logged Logged

Banner made by the splendiferous Sugar0o
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Second Annual Fanfiction Tournament 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 29
I don't think speechless is a strong enough word to describe my state right now.
I mean, wow. Thank you so much, to everyone who voted for me, and put up with me.

And Naaq, seriously your entry was so amazing and you were such a hard opponent to be against.

Again, holy moly. Thank you so much everyone. I look like such a dork right now. Thank you. I just can't believe it.

Thank you also Tangie for organizing this. It was so much fun and with the prompt and rating it really was a challenge, but it was fun to try something new.

And, I totally agree with Tangie. Everyone should have won. Every round it was so hard to pick someone, I just didn't wanna vote most of the time. Everyone is such an amazing writer and so talented.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/01/13 19:01 By xMaddiex.

naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
W00t! Congratulations, Maddie! You deserved the win! Cuz like I told Tang, I'd have voted for you myself if the rules had allowed it! <3 ::grins:: Can I just say how impossibly relieved I am that it's not another tie? Cuz I was planning to flee the planet if it was.

Thanks for organising this, Tangie! It was brain-wrecking, and I KNOW what I said but I think I want to do this again next year because it has been so much fun - I've broken my own boundaries and discovered I can write more than just snarky romance! Here's to all of us!

Oh and Maddie, as Loser No. 1, I demand spoils of war-loss. You knows what they is...and I'll be waiting for updates...and a happies the endings!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/01/13 19:40 By naqaashi.

Luna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Second Annual Fanfiction Tournament 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 11
Congrats to both of you!! You're both winners in my book! <3

Logged Logged
naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Thankies Luna! <3

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.