Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Hall of Shame-Plagerism
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Hall of Shame-Plagerism
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 25
To be honest, if a person is a fan of a certain author and want to share their stories on a certain place (a place that said author doesn't post at), I think it would be better to invite the author to the site rather than just posting their work for them and saying belongs to them and not you. Most sites have a clause in their TOS about not posting works that aren't yours, regardless of if you give the original author credit. It's been a while since I've looked at the Dokuga TOS, but I'm pretty sure there is a clause in there about such a situation.

It's not necessarily plagiarism, per say, but I don't find it to be polite unless one has the express permission of the author.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
piratequeen0405
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 9
Plagiarism is when one takes another's work and passes it off as one's own. If one credits the original author, it's not plagiarism. In the real world it may be copyright violation; in the world of fanfiction it's just kinda silly and redundant.

Logged Logged
Emiko
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 59
As I am in the process of trying to make my first story work, I now feel I have a very miniscule amount of in depth knowledge of the time and creative toll writing even 1 chapter has on an author. That being said, another person taking an author's hard work and passing it off as her (more than likely) own smacks of so much disrespect, I don't even think banning them is enough justice. Hell, not even tar and feathers! If one can't write, read and enjoy . . . period. I've done it for a long time myself now until I finally worked up the nerve to give it a shot. Shame to those people who choose to ride on the coat tails of real talent.

Bright side is . . . at least your talent is at a level that no one can write it better, just spread it farther.

Your readers know who you are and the work you do and take it from one of them . . . we appreciate the hard work we know you put in.

<3 L

Logged Logged
Acadia
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
No, Sorry I go to Acadia University. That would be cool though if there was a dokuga-U.

Logged Logged

The best part of waking up is Timmy's in your cup!!!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
j21wms wrote:
So is it still plagiarism to post a fanfic that is acknowledged by the poster to be someone else's fanfic. But you posted it because the poster really liked it? Or is the author of the fanfic the only person who can post it???

In fan fiction, there are only a couple of instances where it would be acceptable for someone other than the original author to post someone's work.

For example, as her beta, Demonlordlover authorized me to create an account on A-Single-Spark and post her works there. Each of the stories posted was done with a disclaimer stating that, not only did Demonlordlover not profit from Takahashi-san or her work, but also that I had Demonlordlover's expressed permission to repost those stories on her behalf. If I recall correctly, every single chapter of each of the stories I posted for Demonlordlover had that disclaimer at the top.

As far as I know, the only other acceptable method of reposting an author's work would be if said author decided not to continue it and opted instead to turn the story over to another. This has been done a number of times on A-Single-Spark, but usually people still make a fuss over things like that.

Many people who do reposting without crediting the original author, or asking permission, are usually unaware that they are committing plagiarism. Most will simply take down the plagiarized material, apologize to the original author, and slink off into the sunset. Then we run into the truly committed ones who have, in their own deluded, infinitely warped wisdom, decided that plagiarizing fan fiction can't really be plagiarism because of what fan fiction represents by definition. What they tend to miss is the fact that most fan fiction is more ORIGINAL work than one might think.

I don't like plagiarism - especially when it happens to authors whose writing I sincerely admire. These people have a flair for writing and weave their tales in such a fine manner that it infuriates me when their hard work (freely given to all of us for our enjoyment) is callously co-opted by someone who has a hard time constructing a coherent sentence to begin with.

Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Ethereal Siren
Pup
graphgraph
sugar0o wrote:
owner: www.fanfiction.net/s/4538439/1/Supreme_Power_Sealing_Your_Fate

thief: www.fanfiction.net/s/4692073/1/

these are both on fanfiction[dot]net, not dokuga, but i was in the chat and Nobo said i should still post it. i thought for a moment it was going to change up a bit but it seems to be going what for what with the original story with very little being changed. have at um kids.

I'm not entirely convinced that this is a case of plagiarism. I read the first few chapters of "Supreme Power Sealing Your Fate" and I read up to the latest on "I Never wanted this". I found that there were several similarities, but even more deferences. The writing style is completely different for one thing. The rape also took place for different reasons. There are several more differences to be pointed out, but I would like for someone to provide further proof and specific examples in the text that this is plagiarism. I do not like that this person was accused without the evidence being presented. I detest plagiarism. I also detest the accused being punished before they are proven guilty.

I feel that if a person makes an accusation like this, then the burden of proof is on them. Previously in this thread, we had a clear cut case where the proof was easily found in the first few lines of text. I do not feel that this was the case here. In fact, serious doubt of the validity of this claim was found in the first few lines.

If proof can be shown that this was a case of plagiarism, I'll come off of my stance that this person was falsely accused.

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Gotta agree with Siren on this one. I only skimmed over it truthfully but it seemed more like just an overused cliché type situation rather than the story being stolen.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 91
Generally, not about this case, they don't consider this plagerism but story piracy. To post without asking the author is stealing and most site owners take it as seriously as plagerism. Usually, from my experience because i've had this happen many times, they not only pull the story but ban the poster as well.

Most authors, if you ask them, will post it somewhere else if they don't have a problem with the site or some of their policies. But to post without permission, even if you give full credit to them, is stealing pure and simple. And a big no-no.

Danyealle

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Ethereal Siren
Pup
graphgraph
It seems that the plagiarism was deeper into the story that I read. It was very well hidden and ridiculously unnecessary. Where they have not used the exact words form another fan fiction, the author of "I Never wanted this" shows that they are capable of writing without plagiarizing. That they would choose to do so when they are capable of not doing it is astounding to me. This person also claimed that they had never read the older story... an obvious lie.

I think those who post accusations here of plagiarism should give at least one example from the text of the plagiarism and where, in both fics, that text is found.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 216
Ethereal Siren wrote:
It seems that the plagiarism was deeper into the story that I read. It was very well hidden and ridiculously unnecessary. Where they have not used the exact words form another fan fiction, the author of "I Never wanted this" shows that they are capable of writing without plagiarizing. That they would choose to do so when they are capable of not doing it is astounding to me. This person also claimed that they had never read the older story... an obvious lie.

I think those who post accusations here of plagiarism should give at least one example from the text of the plagiarism and where, in both fics, that text is found.

i did, i gave a 9k word count example of it, linkage: see

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 216
Ethereal Siren wrote:
sugar0o wrote:
owner: www.fanfiction.net/s/4538439/1/Supreme_Power_Sealing_Your_Fate

thief: www.fanfiction.net/s/4692073/1/

these are both on fanfiction[dot]net, not dokuga, but i was in the chat and Nobo said i should still post it. i thought for a moment it was going to change up a bit but it seems to be going what for what with the original story with very little being changed. have at um kids.

I'm not entirely convinced that this is a case of plagiarism. I read the first few chapters of "Supreme Power Sealing Your Fate" and I read up to the latest on "I Never wanted this". I found that there were several similarities, but even more deferences. The writing style is completely different for one thing. The rape also took place for different reasons. There are several more differences to be pointed out, but I would like for someone to provide further proof and specific examples in the text that this is plagiarism. I do not like that this person was accused without the evidence being presented. I detest plagiarism. I also detest the accused being punished before they are proven guilty.

I feel that if a person makes an accusation like this, then the burden of proof is on them. Previously in this thread, we had a clear cut case where the proof was easily found in the first few lines of text. I do not feel that this was the case here. In fact, serious doubt of the validity of this claim was found in the first few lines.

If proof can be shown that this was a case of plagiarism, I'll come off of my stance that this person was falsely accused.

this was my review to that:

To the author and the reviewers/readers:

I first noticed this 'similarity' in chapter 3 of this story. There are not just same 'like stories' but at times, they are verbatim wordings, thus getting the plagiaristic nature. Down to the last detail in some places. While i understand that fanfiction is free, at least here and that no author has full true rights to their stories as the characters and settings belong to another, in this case Rumiko T. and a whole lot of other companies she's sold out to.

The story that gets written first does in fact have rights over that stories plot line in comparison to the one coming behind and writing it again. Now i honestly cant say that you've 'stolen' a lot, but all of you, author and all have got to see that there are some complete and total copied pieces of Brandy's Supreme Power story in this story.

To be fair i'll list b/c honestly there's no point in arguing it, its there plan and simple:

- Sess takes her the same way, and leaves her nealry the same way.
- in SP he waits 8 weeks, in INWT he waits 5 weeks
- in both stories when Sess finally comes to see Kagome again, she's in a field away from her friends and singing a song. Different songs and differnt times of year but the same nonetheless.
- from SP:
so the wench was with another man...she is baring a child...no matter I will still get the power I seek

Sesshomaru watched and hid behind a tree,dropping his aura again so she didn't pick it up. She walked deeper in the woods,he followed. She bent down and picked a small flower poking up from the snow.

"Poor flower...all alone,nothing to keep you warm" Kagome said as she held it to her chest. She turned around,she didn't want to go to far, that's when she met his eyes,instead of screaming she gasp and let the flower she picked fall to the ground. He could not help but be angry all the sudden at the site of her,she was stepping back a few steps,she almost tripped and fell back but with a swift movement Sesshomaru grabbed her by the wrist and held her up close to him. Her small little bump pressing against him. She was scared and he could smell a small aura hit him,trying to protect...

it is a demon child...a full demon child!! what is the meaning of this!

He growled and pushed his aura,hoping the small child inside of her would summit. To his surprise the child's aura mixed around his and settled down as if it felt safe and warm. Sesshomaru growled again and looked into her eyes

"Who's child do you bare woman"

Tears started slowly falling,she was not crying,but tears were falling.

how...how could he ask me that

He growled again "Woman...who have you laid with other than this sesshomaru...who's child do you bare!!" Anger,a deep voice coming from him,It reminded her of his fathers,that time he had come to inuyasha and sesshomaru after they won the battle against that evil sword of hell.

"How...how could you ask me that"

He pushed her down and she fell to her side,she put and hand to her tummy and rubbed.

"I'm growing impatient woman!...now you will answer me"

"Iv laid with no one!" She yelled back at him,not that it was his right to know.

"You lie woman...now tell me" She stood up and before her knew it she slapped him hard,his face tilt to the side,she was angry and a lone tear fell down her face still tilt but his eyes were looking at her,his arms crossed.

"Its...its you child...you bastard! its you child!" she screamed at him with all her will power. She put her hands to her face and cried hard as she ran away from him. He let her go,he could not believe what had just happened,he could not believe the words she said.

my...child?

from INWT:

Sesshomaru listen as kagome finish singing, as she stood up to walk back into the village, sesshomaru caught glimpse of her stomach, his eyes widen just bit. “So the wench is in love with another man, and is baring him a child.”

“WHAT! This is what we get for taking so long.”

Sesshomaru stood behind a tree watching her walk into the forest, dropping his aura so she couldn’t pick it up he followed. She walked to the old well and stood there looking at it. “I’m going to have a baby mama, I wish you would be there with me, but the well closed after we killed naraku, and it won’t let me pass. I still don’t know why thought.” Kagome said with a sad laugh. “Well I have to go now I don’t want to be out here all alone, I love you mama.”

She turned around to walk back to the village, she didn't want to be here for too long in her condition, that's when she met his eyes, instead of screaming she gasp and took a step back. Sesshomaru could not help but be angry all the sudden at the site of her being with pup, she was taking steps backwards, she almost tripped and fell back but with a swift movement sesshomaru grabbed her by the wrist and held her up close to him, her stomach pressing against him.

She was scared and he could smell it, that’s when he felt it a small aura hit him, pushing out his aura, hoping to feel the small child inside of her, to his surprise the child's aura mixed around his and settled down as if it felt safe and warm. Sesshomaru growled again and looked into her eyes.

"Miko, who have you laid with other than this sesshomaru, who's child do you bare?" sesshomaru growled in anger, a deep voice coming from him.

"How...how could you ask me that" kagome said as Tears started slowly falling down her check. Why was she crying, she didn’t love him so why did it hurt to hear him ask that.

“Who have you laid with other than this sesshomaru woman answer me.” Sesshomaru growled again as he held kagome close to him.

"I haven’t slept with anyone, not that it’s any of you business." She yelled back at him, not that it was his right to know.

"You lie woman...now tell me, who have you laid with other than this sesshomaru?" She stood up and before her knew it she slapped him hard, his face tilt to the side, she was angry and a lone tear fell down her face, sesshomaru looked down at the woman in his arms.

"Its...it’s your child...you bastard! Its your child!" she screamed at him with all her will power. “I never wanted this, but it’s your child.” Kagome said as she put her hands to her face and cried as she ran away from him.

He let her go; he could not believe the words she said. “My...my child?” sesshomaru asked himself as his eyes grew wide, he stood there to shock to move. "my pup?"

: as you can see both peices are nearly identical and in some places completely verbatim. again, stop getting pissy and jsut realize that its happened, while you may not have meant to do it, or you did, it happened.

again in the next chapter of both fics, from SP:

He was still standing there as the snow fell,he watched as she ran to her friends,he could feel it,his child...his child was hurting,hurting because its mother was upset,he knew her miko powers were over taking the child's own calming aura. This would not do, That child would be his pride,his son,his fool blooded son,his first born, he would not let that foolish woman hurt his pup because of her stupid may not have his power yet,but that could wait,his pup was now his want,he could already tell the unborn child was strong.A evil grin came apon his face, thinking about a world with him as the leader and his son,strong as he by his side. His pride ..yes he was happy about what he had done now. Beside the fact he had taken her it seems to him that she also was happy that she was with child! tho her feelings didn't matter...so he told himself.

from INWT:

Sesshomaru stood there and watch as she ran to her friends, he could feel it, his child...his child was hurting, hurting because its mother was upset, her being a powerful miko, her powers were over taking the child's own calming aura. This would not do, that child would be his pride and joy, his son, his fool blooded son, his first born, he would not let that foolish woman hurt his pup because of her stupid power.

He was happy about what he had done now, beside the fact he had taken her without him really knowing, it seems to him that she also was happy that she was with child, and he could live with that. With that last train of thought sesshomaru made his way to the hut.

Walking into the hut, he let himself in to see kagome crying on the bed mat. "The miko will be coming with me." Sesshomaru said getting right to the point.

at this point i dont feel i need to express more. Its true that you did change bits of it, either intentionally or not, i this point i would say to apologize, which you've done and move on, make your own story. if your idea is similar to Brandy's, and you dont want to be called a plagiarist more, please take the time to change up your story. I think you could do plenty with this, to make this your own. Now i've said my peace i did it politely, so i dont expect to be blasted by someone saying i'm rude b/c i'm not, this review is purely fact. And that being said i actually liked what i saw here, i just wish you had made something yourself that didnt seem to be someone elses story. I personally challenge you to over come this, and create something your own and better. - r0o

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Ethereal Siren
Pup
graphgraph
sugar0o wrote:
Ethereal Siren wrote:

i did, i gave a 9k word count example of it, linkage: see

Thank you for doing that, SugarOo. I think it would be best if such examples are given at the same time the accusation is made. In this way, We can all see for ourselves where the plagiarism is before the offending author is confronted. If the author is confronted with a simple accusation, without the proof, then there is more time for them to remove the offending material without everyone seeing it for themselves.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/12/07 16:00 By Ethereal Siren.
Kira Cross
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 9
Wow those pieces SugarOo are very alike, it is sad that people will do that, i luckly haven't had that happen to me, i hope, i take great pride in my work and would hate it that someone would take is and say that it is thier own.

and Danyealla that is just wrong of that chick she has no right to do that, i do hope that it gets fixed

Logged Logged
Kyraphim
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
Can anyone tell me the name of the fic on adultfanction, please? The link isn't working for me and I would like to read it for myself. Thanks!

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
The one that was plagiarizing Dany-chan's fic on aff.net has been taken down by the site owners I believe.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 91
the one that did mine is gone with the wind-they removed it a while ago.

Danyealle

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
daisie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: -1
hum, i am sorry but i cannot agree that there is plagiarism between the two stories. I red them both and yes, some parts are really similar (which is normal considering not only the subject of the fic but the amount of work that was done on it) but there are also many differences.
So while i also am always pissed off when i see people stealing an author's work, i dont think it is the case here.
Plus,on the forum link you gave i think i saw the author of the story who was "plagiarized" say that she did not think there was anything wrong with the other story and that it was ok? And since it is usually the author's decision there is no more need for critics. Well, no more need concerning that particular case.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 216
This is against our dear Saholia, an author on AFF going by the name of "Sesshysgal2" already confirmed is not Saholia herself, has stolen verbatim her story, "Kagome: Storyteller, Miko, Wife or Mate?" as her own for the first and only chapters loaded.

the original: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4520000/1/Kagome_Storyteller_Miko_Wife_or_Mater

the fake: http://inu.adultfanfiction.net/story.php?no=600095181

this r0o has personally already left her a scathing review, and has reported her. But if you want to help to, i wont stop you!

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
how infuriating!!

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 91
Reported by me as well

Logged Logged

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph

Logged Logged

Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 31
I reported her too! Thank you girls! and guys!!! I really appreciate it you looking out for all of us!

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
You're most welcome! I hate these nasties and will report em as i find em!
E-mail reply from report to AFF-This is in the process of being documented right now. As a result, with such blatant plagiarism, this user will be Hall of Shamed.

Logged Logged

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph

Logged Logged

Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Hall of Shame-Plagerism 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 31
YAY! It really is down!!!!! xD THANK YOU!!!!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.