Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Fics with good, angsty relationship build-up
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom Favoured: 5
TOPIC: Fics with good, angsty relationship build-up
SHORTFRY
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fics with good, angsty relationship build-up 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 16
Hi everyone, I'm looking for fics where Sesshomaru & Kagome doesn't immediately fall in love, or fall in love over two chapters, it just seems so ooc for me. I want their relationship to build up throughout the story that will make it believable, realistic, and stays true to their characters (because you know, Sesshomaru isn't the type to admit to having such human emotions lol).

I'm looking for recommendations for:
- completed chapter fics (80,000 words+, but if there are any amazing one-shots that would be great too!)
- fics that are incomplete but have enough chapters to read and will likely be finished soon
- includes a bit of angst, I want the feeling of 'omg what's gonna happen next?' when I read through, something that will draw you right into the story
- Sess & Kag stay true to their character traits, (no whiny or super weak Kagome please, she's a much stronger character than the damsel in distress)- could be AU or cannon universe, although I would prefer a demon sesshomaru
- nice relationship build up, no 'love at first sight' thing
- impeccable writing style

In exchange, I'll leave some of my fave recommendations as well - although I'm sure most of you have already read them, they still deserve every praise, and maybe people who are new to the fandom will see it too

Warning: all the below are possibly rated MA

EDIT BY WICCAN: INDIVIDUAL RATINGS FOLLOW THE STORY NAMES IN RED... M AND MA, NO YIMs!!

Chapter Fics:
- Tales from the House of the Moon - Resmiranda - MA
- Beside You In Time - RosieB (incomplete) - M
(the above two are my all-time faves! highly rec for everyone, unfortunately Beside You In Time is not finished, I'm always checking my emails hoping for an update lol)
- Fugue - Resmiranda - MA
- The Once and Future Taiyoukai - RosieB - M
- Peace Treaty - piratequeen0405 - MA
- Dancing With Scissors - piratequeen0405 - MA
- Temporal Sequence - chaos-and-serenity - MA
- Convivial - The Hatter Theory - M
- Unspoiled - Forthright - T
- Seven Feudal Fairy Tales - ladybattousai - MA
- Twisted Hearts - eternal fire1 - MA
- Embrace the Silence - Trouble In Shangri La - MA
- Broken Promises - Oroyukae - MA
- Blood Stained - Madison - MA
- Pink Carnation - Madison - T

One-Shots:
- Earning Her Stripes - The Hatter Theory - MA
- Milestone - The Hatter Theory - T
- Muse - The Hatter Theory - MA
- Flowers on the Moon - Trouble In Shangri La - T
- Clutter - Forthright - T
- Unclenched - md06783 - M
- Acquisition, Possession, Seduction - mistress sianna - MA

Basically, anything by Resmiranda, RosieB, The Hatter Theory, Madison, Forthright, elle6778 are great reads and stuff that I've already checked out. If anyone can recommend fics along those types of writing style, that would be great!

Thanks!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/10/12 14:25 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Inserted ratings as required by RULES!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Tiny paws
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fics with good, angsty relationship build-up 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 44
Hello! First of all, thank you for posting those fanfictions. I haven't read some of them but if they are all on the same level of amazing as the others, I will be sure to check them out.

For the recommendations, maybe you've read some (or all) of them, but I would suggest you take a look at:

Her Christmas Wish, by Oroyukae (rated MA!)
dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2892/1?author=1969

Capital Offense, by Oroyukae (rated MA!)
dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/3018/1?author=1969

Maid for You, by Luna (rated MA!)
dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/4201/1?author=2949

(All AU)

These are some of my favorites, the build up is not very rushed and Kagome and Sesshoumaru are in character. Capital Offense is the only with a demon Sesshoumaru, but the others are really good nonetheless.

For someone who is always searching for good things to read (like me), this thread is going to be very helpful, thank you for starting it!

Logged Logged
SHORTFRY
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fics with good, angsty relationship build-up 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 16
Thanks Wiccan for editing the ratings!

Tiny Paws: thanks for the recommendations, I'll check those out! I remember reading some of Oroyukae's work and her writing is on point as well. I haven't read anything by Luna but I see her name pop up more than once so I'll check that out too.

As for my list of recs, definitely check them out if you haven't, they're all on the same level of exemplary writing, and some have different unique styles that captures the reader.

I would also add in:

Crooked Teeth by Silver Standard Society (rated T) - story is told in snippets
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/6148/1

Logged Logged
FayeMegan
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fics with good, angsty relationship build-up 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 24
I just finished reading Letters by AngelicMemories Rated MA. It's got a nice plot twist, and I don't think they fall in love toooo quickly >.<

Logged Logged
Didie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fics with good, angsty relationship build-up 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 65
Oooh, Madison-san is my favorite author too... I can't wait for her 'Red Lotus' (rated MA) to continue...

Other than Madison-san, I love Chie-san! Here are the links:
1.Chain of Love by Chie (complete, MA)
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2161/1
2.Unforeseen by Chie (complete, M)
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/7089/1

My other favorite stories:
1. The Sword Smith's Secret by MissKatt (incomplete, MA)
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/7417/12. The Battle of Heart and Land by MissKatt (complete, MA)
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/6403/1
3. Primero by JeniNeji (complete, T)
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/3232/1
4. Contigo by JeniNeji (incomplete, M)
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/4531/1
5. Ever the Lotus by Kanna37 (complete, MA)
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/5378/1
6. Windows on the West by Kanna37 (complete, MA)
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/4012/1
7. Bitterly Yours by Kanna37 (complete, MA)
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/8033/1
8. In Death, Trust Me, as You Didn't in Life by Kanna37 (complete, MA)
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2787/1

And, according to the rules, the stories that rated MA n M aren't for YIMs, ok? Hehehe...

Logged Logged
Re:Fics with good, angsty relationship build-up 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
I think The Breeder it's a good one very dark by the way

EDIT BY WICCAN: This story is rated MA, NO YIMs!!!!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/10/13 19:33 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Insert rating required by RULES!!
Kyo
Whelp
graphgraph
Well, I have known many but most consists of "rape" since I have a liking to them though the one that really ruffled my feathers the most is by Moonlight Silk's Deep end of the ocean! It's here in dokuga though I can't give the link since I'm busy at the moment. It's MA here.

Logged Logged
SHORTFRY
Pup
graphgraph
Oh yeah that one's been on my bookmarks too, I believe it was completed recently, I'll check that out really, so much to read, so little time. There's only so many days I can go without leaving my computer screen before I have to face reality lol

I have another rec to add (I just finished reading it for the first time 30 mins ago), although not really angsty, but it will definitely pull on a few heartstrings. It's a one-shot:

Startdust by ladybattousai
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/5889/2

It's the second story under her one-shot collection titled 'Fantastic Feudal Fusion'
The collection is rated M, but i think this story rated K

Beautiful one-shot! I'm just sad that it's kinda hidden within a collection which makes it harder for people to find, but it's definitely a hidden gem.

Logged Logged
Kaitlyn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fics with good, angsty relationship build-up 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
I'm currently loving Second Alliance by Imani Joain. It's being updated fairly regularly and has a substantial amount already written (almost 300k words), so more than enough to dig into.
A new threat has breached the peace left in the wake of Naraku's defeat. This time, it will be Sesshomaru who must propose an alliance to defeat an enemy he has no experience with: a death that claims humans and demons alike. Only his half-brother's strange miko truly understands the danger, and she is the key to conquering it. Rated MA.

Another recent one with realistic characterization is The Otome Game by mythicamagic. This has also been updated pretty recently.
Kagome has been obsessed with playing Otome games. She ironically becomes trapped in one and all the males involved have love meters. She must now choose a love interest and successfully fill his meter in order to return to her normal life. The catch is, her choice will keep all of his memories from the game. Who will Kagome choose as her love interest? Rated M.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.