Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Searching for EPIC Fics
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Searching for EPIC Fics
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Searching for EPIC Fics 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 60
I’m looking for some good stories to read. I hardly ever read fanfiction these days even though I write them (not counting the authors I edit for).
What I am searching for:

1) A lengthy chapter story. No oneshots or drabbles.
2) Rated MA (obviously I am over 18 considering I write MA stories).
3) It can be complete or not just so long as the chapters are updated regularly.
4) For those who have read my stories, I ask for stories that are well written, with a decent plot, character development, and little to no grammatical errors.
5) NO RAPE! I want no story where Sesshomaru rapes Kagome or vise versa.
6) I love action, drama, suspense, thriller, horror, and erotica.
7) It could be Canon or AU.
8) No old stories completed over two years ago. I have read many great oldies before on A Single Spark and want something new.
9) I prefer a happy ending, no tragic ending.

Basically, I don’t care what the plot might be so long as it’s an epic story. If anyone can give me recommendations, I would be eternally grateful

Thank you.

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Selina
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Searching for EPIC Fics 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
The hime tradition is amazing. Its not competed but it's updated regularly.

Logged Logged
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Searching for EPIC Fics 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 109
Well, here are a few I managed to find. I'll start with the completed ones first:

Blind Stitch My Heart is an old story and is on Spark. But it's really good and I know profiler120 has a few more stories that meet your requirements.

Dancing with Scissors One of my absolute favorites. I LOVE THIS STORY. There's a scene in there where Rin and Sesshomaru bond over shaving and it makes me cry from gooey, mushy feelings every time.

Somewhat Happy Endings
Really good story by a really talented author. I love the story (and it is relatively new having only finished earlier this year). Her new story though: Paper Cranes is one of the best I've ever read. It's premise is refreshing and the story is just so nice to read. Definitely recommend that. The second story is incomplete but it gets updated every weekend so no long waits.

Fleeting- This is also a work in progress and definitely deserves way more reviews that it has. Brilliant story- Kagome's a party girl (kind of) and Sesshomaru is like a "nerd"/"loner" who ends up being her roommate. It's amazing and you get to see both of them in a college setting. If you've read "Higher Education" by Sunset Miko this is a more in-depth/ less romantic look at college life. I wish it would be updated more often than it is. Luckily, it's almost done

And I don't know if you've read it but there's Sangria. This was a good complete story that I found only a while back (few months ago). It was finished a long time ago though, so you might have read it already.

And I think all the above are rated MA. In fact, I'll just say all of them are (I hope I'm right Wiccan), so no YIM's.

Hope that helps Sorry I don't have more suggestions; I've been into other fandoms/pairings as of late.

Logged Logged
Nicole
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Searching for EPIC Fics 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 154
When I first saw your request, I figured it would be relatively easy - but was shocked that most of them from the last two years are basically lengthy one-shots (or other fandoms/pairings)! However, I have a few:

Revolution by Pensierri32 (Rated M, no YIMs) falls right on the edge of the completed time bracket, so you may have read it already.

Pale Morrigain by OnyxIvyStone (Rated MA, no YIMs) is another story that was started quite a while ago, but completed within the last two years. AU, with a nice blend of Japanese and Irish folklore. Most of OnyxIvyStone's stories are much older, but they are brilliantly written and worth a re-read, if you haven't read them already.

Pack Instincts by witchenmoon1 (Rated T on FF.N) was my summer camping trip reading.

Convivial by The Hatter Theory (Rated M, no YIMs), which I just finished reading this weekend. It had me in tears more than once, but I wasn't sobbing at the end the way I had expected to be

While I tend to assume that everyone is reading my list of "the usual suspects," I know in reality that not everyone is, and so...
Danyealle-sama has Standing Outside the Fire and Kryponite both completed within the last two years. Everything she writes is MA.

While SunsetMiko's stories have drabbleish chapters, she's got quite a few recently completed including The Syndrome, Sneaking a Peak, On the Outside, and The Snow Angel. Again, everything is MA.

Lisa had quite a few stories that I love. All MA. Three of the stories are longer: The Whim of Fate (which had a plot twist I never saw coming), How We Grow, and War for the World. Sadly, I don't see her stories get recommended nearly enough.

Happy Reading!

Logged Logged
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Searching for EPIC Fics 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 60
Thank you for the recommendations! I better get started on them.

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.