Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 3
TOPIC: 2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!!
oksana
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 5
Done. Thank you for running this site for all of us!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
Hello my fellow Dokugians!!!!

Yup, I know what you’re thinking. It’s that time again. Time when I come to you, hat in hand, asking for donations. Still, we did so well the last time that it’s been OVER A YEAR since I’ve had to ask, so there’s that!!

Right now, we have $169.56 in our account on PayPal. We need $234.00 per month to stay online. Yes, we could move the site to a less expensive host... but do you really want to? We’ve had incredible success with our hosting company over the past 9 years. We can count the number of full outages on the fingers of one hand, it’s been so good. A number of you can remember the bad old days when we had other hosting, and it wasn’t fun. So, my vote is to stay with what works, LiquidWeb.

That said, with the money we still have, we’ll need to raise $2638.44 - with the first $234.00 coming due in about 28 days. Now then, we regularly have AT LEAST 1,400 people logged into the site at any given time, day or night. I’ve said it before - if everyone gave at least $5.00 to $10.00, we’d have enough to fund the site for a good long time.

As usual, life is hectic, my business is still on the edge of either going under or solvency (uncertainty is a killer on the nerves!), so I can’t offer much in return for your generosity, save for my undying gratitude & continued access to the largest single-pairing fanfiction site on the internet!!

Thank you all for everything you’ve done in the past, all you will do in the future, and your on-going contributions - through stories, helping find fanfics, or just general advice on the forum - it’s all greatly appreciated!!

~~Wiccan~~

PS - Here is the current procedure to send money via PayPal (and I can only accept PayPal, sorry!) in the USA:

Click “Send Money”
Click “Send to Friends & Family
Enter: nkrempa@comcast.net as the email to send to
Click “Next”
Enter amount, preferably USD
Click “Continue”
Choose payment option
Click “Next”
Click “Send Payments Now”

And, yes, I send this via system message to everyone... just want to make sure we all see it!

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

AmaranthJade
Pup
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 4
It's been a little while since I've logged on, but I never want to miss an opportunity to support this site. It has meant so much to me for a very very long time. Thank you for keeping it going.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
AmaranthJade wrote:
It's been a little while since I've logged on, but I never want to miss an opportunity to support this site. It has meant so much to me for a very very long time. Thank you for keeping it going.

You are most welcome, although it is a group effort! If not for DemonQueen17, Kagome Yuki Niwa, sugar0o, and Mitharus, I'd be sunk!! We are incredibly fortunate to have such a terrific Admin team, and such incredible members. We ALL deserve a round of applause, eh?

Thanks so much for the kudos and the generosity!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 76
Holy hell, I haven't been on here in so long. I gotta wait on payday and no promises on more then a couple bucks but I'll throw some in there.

Side note, have you ever thought about setting up a Dokuga Patreon? I'm not sure you would even need to offer things for those becoming patrons since you know the nature of keeping the site running means that they are getting constant content. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there since a patreon running year round would be a lot easier then running a donation drive once a year, though you still might have too.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
oksana wrote:
Done. Thank you for running this site for all of us!

And thank YOU for your ongoing support over the years... you ROCK!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Knight of Disorder wrote:
Holy hell, I haven't been on here in so long. I gotta wait on payday and no promises on more then a couple bucks but I'll throw some in there.

Side note, have you ever thought about setting up a Dokuga Patreon? I'm not sure you would even need to offer things for those becoming patrons since you know the nature of keeping the site running means that they are getting constant content. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there since a patreon running year round would be a lot easier then running a donation drive once a year, though you still might have too.

No worries, m'dear. If you can, fine. You've got family to support, so we understand. Besides, you contribute so much just by giving us WORDS!

A Patreon, although I haven't fully researched it, would probably do the same thing as we're doing now. The PayPal link is good year-round as well, and we gratefully accept donations anytime, but we need to remind folks every once in a while (and lately, it's been once in a great while *happy sigh*). Six of one, half-dozen of the other, yes?

~~me~~

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2018/06/18 10:40 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: fat fingers, bad proofreading

Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 76
WiccanMethuselah wrote:

No worries, m'dear. If you can, fine. You've got family to support, so we understand. Besides, you contribute so much just by giving us WORDS!

A Patreon, although I haven't fully researched it, would probably do the same thing as we're doing now. The PayPal link is good year-round as well, and we gratefully accept donations anytime, but we need to remind folks every once in a while (and lately, it's been once in a great while *happy sigh*). Six of one, half-dozen of the other, yes?

~~me~~

I only brought it up since I've been looking at it myself. It is essentially the same thing with more payment options.

I've not been very good on writing very much recently. Though the youngin is starting to get more and more independent. Hopefully soon I'll have more time than just after he's in bed to get everything I want to get done.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Yeeaah, good luck with that. The more mobile mine got, the more interaction they wanted. That's where their ADD came in handy, though. They'd tend to hyperfocus on stuff so I could often have upwards of an hour of time to do other things. Just beware of silence - some is good, some is disastrous. Like the time I went into their playroom in time to hear my daughter tell her brother, "Now hold still Steven, this won't hurt a bit." Turns out, she'd managed to scalp him with paper scissors. Two days before pictures.

~~me~~

Logged Logged

thesesskagrevivalproject
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 7
Same, done.
I wish there was a way to set up reoccurring monthly payments though.

Patreon would allow for monthly reoccurring payments though.
I could set it and forget it. lol
Love,
Puritysan

Logged Logged

thesesskagrevivalproject.tumblr.com

JOIN THE DISCORD, YA KNOW YOU WANNA

BETA FOR HIRE: will read anything, but loves slowburn, fluff and naughty. HIRE MEEE!!
Shiranui
Pup
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 7
I send some money over Hope it helps, thanks for running this wonderful website!

Logged Logged
Sharon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 95
I just sent in what I could. Couldn't afford much as a perennially broke grad student. That being said, Dokuga makes my life brighter and I am happy to contribute in any way I can. Will try to send some come come payday.

Logged Logged
Kim
Pup
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 15
Done!

Logged Logged
laenfante
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 11
And done! Thanks so much for the reminder!

Logged Logged
Terri
Pup
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Is there an update on how the fundraiser is going?

Logged Logged
Amy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 49
Done! It's from my husband's paypal account. I sent a thank you message. Wish you good luck on gathering the money. However, I just have to thank you again for this site. Although I'm mostly silent and lurking I do enjoy this place really much.

Logged Logged
KShadeslady
Pup
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I tried to send money but PayPal is asking for more information about nkrempa@comcast.com. They want a first and last name. Could not supply that info. I’ve sent and received money through PayPal, but I’ve never had a problem. Anyone else having issues? I’ve been a reader here for a few years. I’d like to help you out.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
KShadeslady wrote:
I tried to send money but PayPal is asking for more information about nkrempa@comcast.com. They want a first and last name. Could not supply that info. I’ve sent and received money through PayPal, but I’ve never had a problem. Anyone else having issues? I’ve been a reader here for a few years. I’d like to help you out.

I will PM you the information. Thanks so much for wanting to help!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Elehanna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 6
I gave $50 USD, came to about $68 CAD. I was finally able to give, and so I did. Kinda to make up for last year, since I couldn't do much then. Best time to get me is right around the 20th of the month. I hope we do well this year too!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Elehanna wrote:
I gave $50 USD, came to about $68 CAD. I was finally able to give, and so I did. Kinda to make up for last year, since I couldn't do much then. Best time to get me is right around the 20th of the month. I hope we do well this year too!

Yes, we received your generous contribution and can't thank you, and everyone, enough for the ongoing support from some of our terrific members. I will be visiting family out of town for our Fourth of July holiday, but I hope to send out an update via PM before I leave.

Again, thanks ever so much to you and everyone!!!!!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

sweetest angel
Pup
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
Done also for me.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 277
Hello again, Dokuga!!

In addition to the PM I've just sent out, I am posting this to update you all on our fundraising efforts. Since I announced the need for fundraising last month, we've had 63 TERRIFIC Dokugians donate a combined $1,344.76 to our hosting. Deepest thanks to all who have given so generously!!

In that time, we've made two monthly payments of $468.00 total. This leaves us with a balance of $876.76, which will cover 3 more months of hosting. Unfortunately, that leaves us really short of our goal - hosting for a year - of $2,808.00.

We realize that Sess/Kag and InuYasha in general aren't quite the hit they were when this site was started, so it's understandable that we'd fall short. I just want everyone to know that, should it come down to it, we will be forced to close the site if funds are not available to continue with hosting. We will, of course, ensure that the site is archived offline so that the stories and artwork are preserved, perhaps to be put back online at such time as there are funds to do so.

So, again, here's the rundown:

1344.76 - total donations from 63 members

468.00 - total monthly payments from above donations so far

876.76 - balance left after paying hosting through August 15, 2018

The balance remaining will pay the site to November 15, 2018. To take the site all the way to June 2019, we would need an additional $1,464.00.

I'm sorry I don't have better news, but it is what it is. Thank you again to all who have made contributions thus far to keep us online!!!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Nox
Pup
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I will donate this week when I get paid. I've been here since A Single Spark started! I'm still a die hard fangirl even years later. Thanks for all you do!!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 277
Nox wrote:
I will donate this week when I get paid. I've been here since A Single Spark started! I'm still a die hard fangirl even years later. Thanks for all you do!!

And thank YOU, both for the praise AND the dedication!!!
<3
LOVE all our die-hard Dokugians... you ALL rock!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Jessica
Pup
graphgraph
Re:2018 FUNDRAISING TIME!! 5 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I received the email about fundraising and how the website is short for funds. I'm sorry that I don't have anything to give. And I hate to be a little pessimistic. But if the site gets shut down (hopefully not!) Have the admins thought about transferring the works to Archive Of Our Own? They have a team for it and it will be a shame to lose all the great works. I loved this site growing up and admittedly I haven't been here for a few years. But I think bringing it there is better than having it archived offline.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.