Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Using Ideas
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Using Ideas
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Using Ideas 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 60
Hello again everyone,

I’ve been getting several PMs lately about authors wanting to use some of my original ideas (at least it sounds like they are original to fanfiction, if that’s even possible now a days).

The most often asked question is:

Can he/she use my idea where the Jewel leaked demonic energy inside of Kagome when it was housed inside her?

Yes, yes you can. While I THINK this idea is an original, I don’t believe it should be exclusively mine. Why? It’s a plot. It is NOT plagiarism to use a similar plot. Many do not understand the true meaning of the word ‘plagiarism’.
A good example:

The multiple Disney Challenges on Dokuga. If a plot is considered plagiarism, why does a legitimate site such as Dokuga allow it? Simple. An author uses the IDEA of the story/movie but creates their own universe, characters/character development, and makes the idea/plot their own.

Another example is Dokuga itself, fanfiction as a whole really.

More recently I have been asked if another can use my Kikyo resurrection idea. *I* made the connection between Onigumo and my Kikyo. Onigumo became Naraku when hundreds of demons devoured his body. Kikyo’s human remains are in her clay body, so *I* think a similar situation is possible. The other way I brought Kikyo back to the living was because she shares a small piece of Kagome’s soul, so when my Kagome was transforming into a demon, so did she. And last, I played off of all the magic occurring, both demonic and spiritual powers, in that moment, helping the conversion(s).

Again, I say yes, go for it for the same reasons mentioned above.

Ideas/plots are shared through fanfiction and even original novels.

Fanfiction examples: mating, mating competitions, bite marks as mating marks, etc. These are considered universal ideas/plots.

Original Novel examples: romantic vampires, werewolves, the four horsemen of the apocalypse, teenagers using magic, etc. (<--very broad ideas, but still)

So, I hope this clears everything up Use those two ideas of mine. Knock yourselves out. Just make sure you don’t make your stories verbatim like mine. Use my IDEA not my WORDING or even paraphrasing.

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Miko Sayuri
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Using Ideas 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 3
Thank you! The information was useful, because I'm working on a couples stories. I got ideas from several stories I've been reading. I'm thankful its not plagiarism.

Logged Logged
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Using Ideas 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 60
You're very welcome, Miko Sayuri

It always irks me greatly when I hear about false plagiarism claims anywhere. (And no I am not bashing anyone on this site! I meant in general.)

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.